Can't believe what government is doing to hgv

Hi I was talking to a women I know I’ve done quite a bit of class one work so she’s asked me do I know anyone who can get her son work he’s just got his hgv. So I said oh class two she said no class one . I thought I better not tell her anything about the job as he and she won’t believe me ( spoke to like crap ,15 hour days ect) . So I said when did he get it she said a month ago he’s 27." He got it when he was in cat c open prison before he got out". Not only is there too many drivers regarding them adverts at the back of papers earn 50,000 a year but now they giving license out like sweets to ex cons.Also the job centre is giving them out for free also if people sit a courses. I think they do it to keep the economy running and keep the rates down too many drivers low rates .So we all fight over 9.50 pH jobs risking our lives on the road. Basically I heard if your in prison you can just apply for training. And all them ex army guys get a license also before they come out.

Absolutely! Bloody offenders! Dunno what they are thinking, rI reckon that in order to keep them away from a life of crime and the chance of future reoffending we should deny them any chance of earning an honest living. That’ll teach 'em, and don’t get me started on soldiers fer Chrissakes, I mean what have they ever done for the country? Bloody freeloaders, the lot of them.

Welcome back btw.

Welcome back ? I not been on this before . And I wasn’t stating they should not get a job or a soldier should not . Go read the article . I was staying there is an overflow of drivers. I never once said they should not work or don’t deserve a lisence I was I’ll repeat stating the over supply of drivers. I’m not being funny but did you finish school ? Do you have issues ?

the maoster:
Absolutely! Bloody offenders! Dunno what they are thinking, rI reckon that in order to keep them away from a life of crime and the chance of future reoffending we should deny them any chance of earning an honest living. That’ll teach 'em, and don’t get me started on soldiers fer Chrissakes, I mean what have they ever done for the country? Bloody freeloaders, the lot of them.

Welcome back btw.

Is it the left or right cheek you’ve buried your tongue. :laughing:

I’m all for ex cons getting Class 1s.

Prison has been too bloody soft for them, so let em get the punishment they’ve missed, and that they deserve by doing this job. :smiley:

Judge…You can have a choice, 5 yrs in Durham, or 18 months doing day work for Stobbies on Tesco’s.

Defendant…DURHAM …Pleeease your honour :laughing:

I thought rdc waiting rooms were prisons

Wiretwister:
Is it the left or right cheek you’ve buried your tongue. :laughing:

Love it!

Which cheeks are we talking about though?

It’s a good idea. What’s better? Giving these people who inevitably being released the chance to have a decent job with a skill they can be proud of and earn a decent wage for themselves or let them go back into society with nothing, no prospects for any future, no prospects for employment forcing them back into the reoffending. Anyone ever given you a chance in life? Everyone deserves a chance.

I work for 1 of the training organisations that do the training for cat c and forklift courses not that many of these people actually pass their tests 1st time as they are not “Hungry” enough to put all the effort in as opposed to those of us that have paid our selves. Having seen the driving standards at Hermes and Stobrats of some of the flop flips these guys are getting proper training

Been happening for years. And basically a money making merry go round.
About 10 years ago my mate did a 6 months in prison was released.
He got his class 1 as part of his rehabilitation.
But to get it he had to go to red rose training in Bolton
And be reeducated.
Basically he went to red rose every day for 4 months sat in a class room With others. Like being back at school learning maths and English. Did a test at the end passed it.
Then was allowed to hgv lessons.
From what he said the test was that easy you can’t fail. All a waste of time the lessons. As he didn’t learn anything.

It’s a money go round red rose (maybe others I don’t know) get money from the govenment for 're educating offenders on release .after 4 months in a class room learning basically nothing. The government then pays red rose to put them through there hgv.

My dad works in a low security prison, and I truly think that some of the Category C & D prisons have more freedom than some of the RDCs we go to.

Look at the comparison between, say Turners at Newmarket, and a prison. One is full of the complete scum of the earth, every door under lock and key, 10 foot fencing surrounding it, CCTV everywhere, and the people who work there throwing their weight around and treating you like crap. The other is HMP Wakefield…

At the moment, I can’t imagine the ex cons having much of a chance of getting a job. Competition for driver jobs is firece at the moment (have a look at Indeed, with driver jobs getting between 40 and 150 applications per position!). Then there’s the lack of experience hurdle, and the added problem of having a criminal record. I can’t imagine small companies trusting those with previous for theft, burglary, and the likes. It’s going to be really hard work of finding somewhere who will take inexperienced drivers who’ve done time.

Truthsetyoufree:
Welcome back ? I not been on this before . And I wasn’t stating they should not get a job or a soldier should not . Go read the article . I was staying there is an overflow of drivers. I never once said they should not work or don’t deserve a lisence I was I’ll repeat stating the over supply of drivers. I’m not being funny but did you finish school ? Do you have issues ?

One thing for certain is that you never finished school, and if you did you failed English miserably.

Rowley010:
It’s a good idea. What’s better? Giving these people who inevitably being released the chance to have a decent job with a skill they can be proud of and earn a decent wage for themselves or let them go back into society with nothing, no prospects for any future, no prospects for employment forcing them back into the reoffending. Anyone ever given you a chance in life? Everyone deserves a chance.

Ah the return of driving god Rowley010 or is it JTS ?
Earn a decent wage !! Ha ha
How’s the M6 no bad drivers there lately or are they on the A556 (reporting under a new alias)

I see uktramp/rowley/jakethesnake etc etc has a new personal and is fishing for bites

spike78:
I see uktramp/rowley/jakethesnake etc etc has a new personal and is fishing for bites

Truthsetyoufree how pathetic and sad these trolls are

Truthsetyoufree:
And all them ex army guys get a license also before they come out.

Not all. Only a few trades get class 1 for their job role, there needs to be a benefit to the unit to Pay to put someone through class 1. So there’s realistically at a maximum probably 20% of the Army that Get their class 1 through their job. Some can do it for resettlement but I think you’ll find most blokes do courses like electrician, plumbing, security camera installation, there’s also the blokes that waste it on CP courses thinking they’re going out to high threat environment earning big bucks. So resettlement wise not that many do their class 1.

Out of all those that have the licence, not many will actually go into lorry driving, it’s a last resort back up so they don’t end up on their arse if things go bad.

Class 2 on the other hand is much more widespread, I got it in my first 12 months and it only cost me a bottle of Jack Daniels.

I wouldn’t worry about masses of ex army taking all the jobs, I drive now but I don’t plan to do it for a “career“ when I leave !

spike78:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
this is great.its only saturday and itl prob end up running till monday before the lock… i was even wondering if it was going to end with…ta… :laughing:

dieseldog999:

spike78:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
this is great.its only saturday and itl prob end up running till monday before the lock… i was even wondering if it was going to end with…ta… :laughing:

English pubs are now open…wait til a few come back from their lunch-time session…

Franglais:

dieseldog999:

spike78:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1

English pubs are now open…wait til a few come back from their lunch-time session…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
nah,im not hanging around till 5 in the morning… :slight_smile:

My 79 year old neighbour was jailed and did some training to help with her release, because she wanted to fight for her country but was too young she plans to give something back now.

She got 10 months for no TV licence and is fully caught up with the soaps now, so she took a crane drivers qualification, she has made lots of new friends in prison and has promised to bring her crane when she is passing the place.