Anyone worked for warrens in rugby?

Little about myself:
I am a new pass class 1 and haven’t driven since passing my test due to unable to find any work. I have received an email from warrens in Rugby today asking me to have an assessment. I haven’t heard good things about warrens part of culina group.

I was wondering if anyone works or had worked for them or anyone has any stories to share.
Thanks

No experience of them per se but as you state they are now part of Culina so I’d imagine that the office staff are getting regular kickings to comply with “the Culina way” meaning that it will be 100% legal and by the book.

I’ve never seen a slow warrens lorry that’s for sure !!

Its work and driving experience mate, part and parcel of Culina now (and their lorries are definately getting slower, presumably limiters being reduced as and when) so going to be above board.
At this point in time don’t turn anything down, thousands of long experienced lorry drivers are yet to find they have no work as the depression deepens so get your feet under the first table that offers shelter.

dozy:

In the 35+…

Years I’ve driven up and down the M1, I was guaranteed to be overtaken by ‘Bunnies’.

Seems really odd to actually pass them now they’re all limited right down.

Juddian:
Its work and driving experience mate, part and parcel of Culina now (and their lorries are definately getting slower, presumably limiters being reduced as and when) so going to be above board.
At this point in time don’t turn anything down, thousands of long experienced lorry drivers are yet to find they have no work as the depression deepens so get your feet under the first table that offers shelter.

Many thanks for your reply. Yeah I have an assessment booked for next week as I know they will take on anyone lol.

I’ve had an email from someone who works there on here and have been told its all bakery stuff they deliver. Pick up from bakeries and deliver to RDC.

I’m also glad I went via agency as the guy said all warren drivers are on fixed pay per job regardless of how long they work. Which probably explains why they are always in hurry.

Sorry to hear about the drivers facing redundancies. I was always under the impression an experience driver can walk out of a job today and walk into another the next day. This covid has ruined a lot. Hope things get better and people start realising how important drivers are.

Its also sad to know companies are making permanent drivers redundant and using agencies to cover the work ,where as in the next few months the same companies will be recruiting again. I can see alot of companies will lose good drivers and might never get them back.

I’ll give warrens a try but I haven’t heard anything good about them.

Thank you all for the updates.
We shall pull through all this together

yourhavingalarf:

dozy:

In the 35+…

Years I’ve driven up and down the M1, I was guaranteed to be overtaken by ‘Bunnies’.

Seems really odd to actually pass them now they’re all limited right down.

Many thanks for your reply. They must be fitting new or bigger tyres to have the speed calibrated and putting the old ones back on. A driver said soon they will be limited to 52 so I guess its pay back for all the times warrens have overtaken you all.

I will see how next week goes and if a new pass with 0 experience like me leaves. That should say it all lol

As a new pass you could consider the green machine aka Stobarts to get the experience

peirre:
As a new pass you could consider the green machine aka Stobarts to get the experience

Thanks, I did try stobarts but all their recruitment is on hold for a while. I could try tuffnells and maybe Hermes for experience

Was long as you like long days you will be fine. As you said it’s best and cake delivery to RDC’s and collections from bakeries. Easy work, some bakeries aren’t the biggest but paid by the hour so there you go.

They had only just been taken over by Culina the last time I did a shift there, so no idea what has changed for the better or worse.

Was long as you like long days you will be fine. As you said it’s best and cake delivery to RDC’s and collections from bakeries. Easy work, some bakeries aren’t the biggest but paid by the hour so there you go.

They had only just been taken over by Culina the last time I did a shift there, so no idea what has changed for the better or worse.

I only lasted a week as a full time driver due to the shifts, but did go back quite a few times on agency when the long days were financially worthwhile.

Go in and get some experience. They are willing to take a risk on you and see potential. The industry might be in trouble. Its the start thats hard. Good luck.

WheelsofCardiff:
Go in and get some experience. They are willing to take a risk on you and see potential. The industry might be in trouble. Its the start thats hard. Good luck.

Cheers mate.
I have a choice of either warrens or ev cargo formally nft. Dont know which to choose lol

Daani:

WheelsofCardiff:

Cheers mate.
I have a choice of either warrens or ev cargo formally nft. Dont know which to choose lol

My mate lasted four days at Warren’s before walking out and is now starting at NFT (EV Cargo)

toonsy:

Daani:

WheelsofCardiff:

Cheers mate.

My mate lasted four days at Warren’s before walking out and is now starting at NFT (EV Cargo)

I don’t blame him / her as I have not heard anything positive so far about warrens. I guess EV Cargo it is then. Need to book assessment. Thanks Toonsy