Denied access to toilets

Mazzie:
As an outsider who has yet to pass my practical etc and as a woman this whole topic appalls me. Are these companies really so short sighted to not let someone go to the loo? Forget about the business side of things (and not ■■■■■■■ off the people who are important in your supply chain), it’s just basic human decency. And don’t get me started on the haulage companies not having your backs and letting it happen or forcing you to use lay-bys or bottles?! I think to combat the issue the hygienic side should be used as an angle. I see in job listings they say drivers are the face of the company yada yada so how is a driver who hasn’t washed their hands or have urine stained pants after an accident in a lay-by going to come across to their clients huh? -.-

And if I could play the “female” card for a moment, I keep hearing they want more women in the industry but how many women are gonna put up with being denied going to the toilets while delivering, especially while on their period? They need to cop on.

They need to but chances are they wont.

Also it’s only getting worse.
I’ve noticed recently many BP garages and ESSO’s and a lot of the 24/7 petrol stations now lock their doors past 10pm. So you only have the option of night pay via the window. Essentially blocking you from using the toilets.
Also a lot of the smaller petrol stations dont even have toilets.

I’ve only noticed that quite a few petrol stations that can easily fit HGVs now have a no hgv sign. I’m guessing this is because they take up a bit of space. Either way it is annoying.

Atlas Express:
I have been in that position on too many occasions to mention. One of the positives of incidents like that is that I reviewed my lifestyle and eating habits. I eat less and only eat takeaway food if I am off duty the next day. Getting down to the nitty gritty of the subject, I now carry two refuse sacks with me. One for my rubbish and one for emergency situations and yes, I’ve had to do it. Pulled into a lay-by and squatting down in the cab. Disgusting but unfortunately it had got to the point where I had no choice. I was at a customer’s depot 2½ hours earlier but I’m not allowed to use their toilet facilities because of security and I’d need an induction and my previous manager said five years ago that he’d arrange it and he never did. Peeing into a bottle is a regular, if not daily, occurrence. In my home town, many years ago, a chap that lived over the road from me got convicted of exposing himself in public because he stopped his car, on the outskirts of town, for a pee because he couldn’t hold it in any more. A woman drove past and reported him to the police for exposing himself to her. I never asked him how he went about taking a leak in such a manner that the woman reported him but in any case I mention it as he ended up on the ■■■ offender’s register. This was back before smartphones so can you imagine if some unsympathetic busybody had caught the chap in question and they’d filmed him? :open_mouth:

I would never use a black sack and I dont use bottles. I plan better now and I dont eat takeaways.