Truckwash prices

I have never used a truckwash as we have a jetwash at our yard but i often see the truckwash at Whitwood, Colsterworth and Shepshed and wonder how much it costs to get the unit and trailer cleaned. They never seem to advertise the prices. Also are some better than others and who actually uses them as i guess the bluechip companies have their own and smaller firms like mine have a jetwash.

Most are bloody extortionate, that’s why they don’t put prices. You won’t get an artic washed for under £30 in general, and £30 is cheap. Like anything some are good some bad. Used to use them now and again when I drove Virginia’s FH16 and spent a few weeks from yard, company would pay obviously.

Whitwood is crap.

We have an account with Tibshelf and Lymm. The Tibshelf one is a one bay wash, and you can be ages waiting your turn. The one at Lymm is the new one, (Which is straight on at the roundabout at the entrance to the truckstop.) about 100 yards after the truckstop on the left. I think it is on or very near to the site of the old truckstop for those of us old enough to remember. It is now only a 3 bay wash, as opposed to the old 5/6 bay one.

I have in the past used the one at Hellaby near the Stockyard, and found they did a good job. I only found out last week they have one at Anston, which is just off J31 on the M1. Tractor and trailer is £20.50. (Probably plus vat.) I am now trying to get our gaffer to get an account.

junction1truckwash.com/

Ken.

£16 for the tractor and £26 for the combination on account at LPW, they have sites at Purfleet,Alconbury,Felixstowe,Avonmouth, Northallerton and Castleford.
Use one of them at least once a week.