Average speed cameras on A69

There are a couple of stretches on the A69 that have average speed cameras on them now. They still have the “camera not in use” sign next to them. I am wondering what the other cameras are for that are right next to the yellow speed cameras. They are 2 black slim looking square cameras as far as I’m aware. Could they possibly be the new type that catch out people on their mobiles, eating, drinking etc.

Just wondering if anyone is in the knows to what they are.

Thanks

There is 2 speed cameras on the A69 but am not aware of any other cameras on the A69 and certainly not aware of any average speed cameras.

Actually i think there is 3 cameras.

Well-Jell:
There is 2 speed cameras on the A69 but am not aware of any other cameras on the A69 and certainly not aware of any average speed cameras.

There are average speed cameras between the Hexham roundabout and roughly Bardon Mill.

I went over it the other night, first time for a while and it was pitch black so I couldn’t tell you about any other cameras next to the average ones.

Alcpone:
There are a couple of stretches on the A69 that have average speed cameras on them now. They still have the “camera not in use” sign next to them. I am wondering what the other cameras are for that are right next to the yellow speed cameras. They are 2 black slim looking square cameras as far as I’m aware. Could they possibly be the new type that catch out people on their mobiles, eating, drinking etc.

Thanks

I know the type you mean but can’t find any info on them any where, they are springing up every where mind. Same cameras can be spotted on a470 just north of Cardiff, m4 junc 42 area.
Also when you exit m4 junc 44 and go down the 30 limit the old speed camera has been replaced by 2 of these. Also on the a380 in the average cameras near torquay.

drover:

Alcpone:

Thanks

I know the type you mean but can’t find any info on them any where, they are springing up every where mind. Same cameras can be spotted on a470 just north of Cardiff, m4 junc 42 area.
Also when you exit m4 junc 44 and go down the 30 limit the old speed camera has been replaced by 2 of these. Also on the a380 in the average cameras near torquay.

They look very much like the type I explained. Big brother is closing in more and more. They will get you if you are scratching your balls I bet.

This is all I can find online, new LED cameras x4 on a separate pole 20 feet away and will catch you on phone, eating seat belt etc…

Ok seems they are called vulture speed cameras, appropriate name I think [emoji2959][emoji2959]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

drover:
If you're on your phone or not wearing a seatbelt, these new speed cameras can tell - Gloucestershire Live
This is all I can find online, new LED cameras x4 on a separate pole 20 feet away and will catch you on phone, eating seat belt etc…

These ones only have 2 pointing in each direction on separate posts, but they are probably about 20 foot either side of the yellow post with the speed camera on.

You would of thought they only needed one in each direction. I wonder if they have to give drivers warning in the form of a sign like they do for other types of speed cameras?

drover:
Ok seems they are called vulture speed cameras, appropriate name I think [emoji2959][emoji2959]

The vulture refers to the yellow speed camera, not the black square ones.

I was told that they are height thingies, determining the height of the vehicles, but I also understood that average speed cameras worked by tieing in the reg number of the vehicle and therefore determining what actual vehicle it was and therefore what it’s speed limit for that section of road was.

Supatramp:
I was told that they are height thingies, determining the height of the vehicles, but I also understood that average speed cameras worked by tieing in the reg number of the vehicle and therefore determining what actual vehicle it was and therefore what it’s speed limit for that section of road was.

That could be quite possible. We will have to wait and see I suppose.

Alcpone:

drover:

The vulture refers to the yellow speed camera, not the black square ones.

I understood vulture to mean the entire system, anyway 1 more spy to watch out for [emoji2955][emoji36]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Supatramp:

Don’t see why they would be height detection when the system is linked to anpr.

In Swansea 2 of these square black things replaced an old original style (gatso?) fixed speed camera… Not an average speed zone just a standard 30mph fixed point camera.

drover:

Supatramp:

Don’t see why they would be height detection when the system is linked to anpr.

In Swansea 2 of these square black things replaced an old original style (gatso?) fixed speed camera… Not an average speed zone just a standard 30mph fixed point camera.

I think we’re talking about different things!!

drover:
If you're on your phone or not wearing a seatbelt, these new speed cameras can tell - Gloucestershire Live

I know I’m bringing the wrath of Satan down on my lugs here from the likes of Jakey, :unamused: :smiley: … but can somebody explain to me (in reality and not from the world of theory heaven) how sipping from a cup of coffee while driving is deemed ‘‘dangerous.’’
I can hear the purists choking and coughing their guts up here, but go with me on it.

So…You buy a Costa, put it in your drinks holder and set off.
Now as far as I know there is no strict law whereby you have to sit gripping the wheel at 10 to 2 for grim death like a learner.
So you are sat with your eyes on the road concentrating on it, while sipping your coffee, and as long as you ain’t some inept buffoon you can re.place it in the holder, without looking at it, to the next required sip,.and carry on as so …until it’s empty, but concentrating on the road all through the process :bulb: …as I have done for the last 30+ years with no dramas hence proving my point.

I also tend to drive with one hand, nothing clever about that, it’s just what I do, and I have an 80s steering knob (ok not everybody’s cup of tea, but again 30yrs etc etc) so what’s it all about…realists only need reply, I know all the official BS so no need.

And no answers with the words ‘‘you could’’ and ‘‘drop it’’ and ‘‘scald yourself’’ in the sentence, unless of course you ARE that inept buffoon I’m on about.

(Rhetorical question btw, I fully know the answer 4 letters, 1 syllable, starts with C,.ends with H, and rhymes with ‘‘Mash’’ :unamused: )
Anybody?? :neutral_face:

I when mobile phones came I did use the them BUT only a quick few words to receive or give instructions…none of this where I was last night ect ect.I also eat apples pear sandwich ect , I DO NOT DO THIS NOW god forbid that I should loose control while and…

robroy:

drover:

I know I’m bringing the wrath of Satan down on my lugs here from the likes of Jakey, :unamused: :smiley: … but can somebody explain to me (in reality and not from the world of theory heaven) how sipping from a cup of coffee while driving is deemed ‘‘dangerous.’’
I can hear the purists choking and coughing their guts up here, but go with me on it.

Now as far as I know there is no strict law whereby you have to sit gripping the wheel at 10 to 2 for grim death like a learner.
So you are sat with your eyes on the road concentrating on it, while sipping your coffee, and as long as you ain’t some inept buffoon you can re.place it in the holder, without looking at it, to the next required sip,.and carry on as so …until it’s empty, but concentrating on the road all through the process :bulb: …as I have done for the last 30+ years with no dramas hence proving my point.

I also tend to drive with one hand, nothing clever about that, it’s just what I do, and I have an 80s steering knob (ok not everybody’s cup of tea, but again 30yrs etc etc) so what’s it all about…realists only need reply, I know all the official BS so no need.

And no answers with the words ‘‘you could’’ and ‘‘drop it’’ and ‘‘scald yourself’’ in the sentence, unless of course you ARE that inept buffoon I’m on about.

(Rhetorical question btw, I fully know the answer 4 letters, 1 syllable, starts with C,.ends with H, and rhymes with ‘‘Mash’’ :unamused: )

rac.co.uk/drive/advice/know … -answered/

Seems legal to drink your coffee as long as you’re sensible about it

Steve-o:

robroy:

drover:
https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/mobile-phone-seatbelt-cameras-driving-2002587

rac.co.uk/drive/advice/know … -answered/

Seems legal to drink your coffee as long as you’re sensible about it

Mate, c’mon, read the blurb…It’s down to the discretion of the Police, so if THEY decide it’s affecting your driving, and you disagree, who do you think is gonna win the debate eh?
Not a chance in hell of them saying ‘‘Ok sorry sir, we were mistaken, you carry on with your skinny latte, and have a nice day’’ …it’s the UK Old Bill ffs. :bulb: , so just may as well be illegal.

Think the pillars near the yellow cameras are (possibly) infrared lights, so not to dazzle the driver, but to light up your reg for the cameras…

Just thinking ‘truvelo’ speed cameras here where they have am infrared flash for the same reason…