Wild bean coffee at Watford gap

I had a coffee out of that machine, it cost nearly £3, it tasted not much different than the RDC coffee machine, not like Costa, what do you think of wild bean coffee?

I don’t buy Costa on principal or Starbucks as refuae to pay there stupid.prices.
Only coffee I buy on rare occasions is from greggs its nice coffee.
Don’t like McDonalds coffee

For many…

Years now I’ve never understood this dedication to over priced lack-lustre coffee.

Witness the scenes earlier this year when it was free coffee day of people fighting for coffee and leaving a trail of destruction behind them. Starbucks and Costa have pulled off possibly the greatest commercial rip off I’ve seen in the last twenty years. Add to that the hypocrisy of drive through coffee shops right on the motorways selling drinks that can only be consumed on the move.

Nah, I’ll stick with my bottle of water and occaisional diet coke.

edd1974:
I don’t buy Costa on principal or Starbucks as refuae to pay there stupid.prices.
Only coffee I buy on rare occasions is from greggs its nice coffee.
Don’t like McDonalds coffee

Yup, ain’t being taken the mickey out of by those rip off places either…look up Jackie Mason (ageing Jewish comedian, very funny) and his Starbucks routine on youtube :smiling_imp:

For your info cos we likes a bargain, Saturdays can be quite busy at MSA Greggs, as was the case on my last working Saturday with a load of coaches in, but noticed the Cornish pasty people do an offer of pasty or larger than usual bacon bap plus drink for IIRC £3.90 or summat like that, Latte was good, made a different late morning snack.

Everything,except chucking loads and I mean loads of Millicano 85% instant 15% ground,into a cup and add boiling water,seems useless to me.Including Costa and the supposed best quality ground stuff used with a filter all tasting like anything but coffee.

Too many trendy hipster pretentious people drink in those coffee shops. You can buy a large jar of Nescafe for the same price as a cup of mocha choca froffy coffee

For £3 I’d buy a whole jar (a large one on offer), take my own coffee to work, and find hot water somewhere. That’s what I think of wild bean coffee.

yourhavingalarf:
Starbucks and Costa have pulled off possibly the greatest commercial rip off I’ve seen

Nah, I’ll stick with my bottle of water

You could make the same argument over bottled water. Personally I drink gallons of the stuff but if back in the 1980’s someone had told me that I’d be paying for water or even that supermarkets would have whole aisles dedicated to the stuff I’d have laughed in their faces and called them a lunatic.

Evian…

Read it backwards.

I only tend to have a Wild Bean coffee on Fridays after I’ve collected enough BP reward points on fuel throughout the week :smiley:

I’m a bit of a coffee geek,but through the week it’s Nescafé gold blend on my stove in the cab and once a week I treat me Sen to a large costa.
I frequent coffee shops to meet a mate of mine now and then and we sit and have a couple of brews instead of 15pints of bitter.
What I can’t understand is these drivers that have 2-3 costas out of the machines a day,you can get a jar of gold blend coffee that will last a month for the price of 2 costas.
So yeah I personally like them but not everyday,I quite like Greggs and McDonald’s coffee too but not the food

As someone what grew up in the land of the 12 cup coffee percolator, I think I can shed some light on the subject of “drinking coffee”.

Coffee should be made fresh. Anything that comes out of a jar, is unacceptable, by principle, if not good taste. Wether its Mellow Birf or Nescaf Gold, its cat ■■■■ in a jar.

I wish Juddian would not have left the cat out of the bag, as it’s getting harder to get a ■■■■■■■■■■ Sausage or Bacon Batch with an acceptable latte at the West Countyry Pasty Comp before they sell out by the day… :imp:

Coffee should be freshly ground. Taste will always be personal, I quite like McDonald’s, I can accept A Starbucks, I’ve gone off Costa lately (become very bland), and as said, Gregg’s unacceptable, if you like a harsher coffee.

As an aside, I drink freshly ground coffee, from a cafetierre, at home, never, ever, ever, with milk. I very rarely drink coffee in Britain, out and about, without it. The Brits have come a long way regards coffee, but you’re not quite there yet… :grimacing:

Does our resident French correspondent have a view?

I just use my 240v kettle. Probably costs me about 10p per coffee :laughing:

I don’t buy anything to eat or drink from an MSA. In fact the only thing I ever have in an MSA is a dump because they haven’t worked out a way to overcharge you for one yet.

I have one cup of very strong Nescafe coffee before I set off to work, “kick-start coffee” rather than anything a connoisseur would choose, and take a packed lunch with me, there’s no way I would pay the fat end of a tenner for a sandwich, coffee and a bag of crisps.

Since Maccy Ds started their new way of serving …where it takes 10 minutes to get your coffee after ordering it :unamused: , I’ve kicked them into touch.
Gregg’s are the flavour of the month with me now when I’m away in the truck, or I microwave a mug of milk, and put a spoonful of Dowe Egberts, or Kenco, I’ve become a bit of a coffee snob :blush: , and find Nescafe a bit too bitter for my delicate palate :smiley: .
When me and the Mrs are in the town, or any town in fact, we usually spend about an hour in Cafe Nero, now that is good gear. :sunglasses:

robroy:
Since Maccy Ds started their new way of serving …where it takes 10 minutes to get your coffee after ordering it :unamused: , I’ve kicked them into touch.
Gregg’s are the flavour of the month with me now when I’m away in the truck, or I microwave a mug of milk, and put a spoonful of Dowe Egberts, or Kenco, I’ve become a bit of a coffee snob :blush: , and find Nescafe a bit too bitter for my delicate palate :smiley: .
When me and the Mrs are in the town, or any town in fact, we usually spend about an hour in Cafe Nero, now that is good gear. :sunglasses:

Ground Douwe Egberts in a percolator is good, as an all day drinking coffee. The floor sweepings in a jar would make my dog throw up…

I very much agree with your opinion on McDonald’s new regime… I have taken to asking the server at the till, if I order a coffee, will they fetch it for me? If no, I walk. Besides, its standard practice at McDonald’s to accept an order, and give them the fries back to insist on fresh, hot fries… same goes for coffee. :grimacing:

I can’t bring myself to pay these rip off prices for coffee that doesn’t even taste nice to me.
I just make my own on the stove with coffee mate. Don’t like coffee with normal milk.
Maybe I’m a philistine to you coffee snobs…I don’t care, I like it.
Having said that, I do have a cafeteria at home for my weekend ‘posh brew’ but if I’ve not got fresh cream in I’ll always use coffee mate instead of milk.

nomiS36:
I can’t bring myself to pay these rip off prices for coffee that doesn’t even taste nice to me.
I just make my own on the stove with coffee mate. Don’t like coffee with normal milk.
Maybe I’m a philistine to you coffee snobs…I don’t care, I like it.
Having said that, I do have a cafeteria at home for my weekend ‘posh brew’ but if I’ve not got fresh cream in I’ll always use coffee mate instead of milk.

:open_mouth: Nah you don’t even qualify for philistine status with that mate :unamused:
‘peasant’ is about as far as we can go with that…coffee made with water and coffee mate?..ffs man. :unamused:

What do you sell in your cafeteria btw, or do you mean a '‘cafitiere’ :laughing:

:wink: :smiley: …don’t give me a hard time, only kidding btw. :smiley:

robroy:

Carte Noir and Lor are both nice coffees

ArcticMonkey:

robroy:

Carte Noir and Lor are both nice coffees

Coffee is only good when its freshly brewed. Freeze drying and evaporating the liquid doesn’t make it acceptable.

The UK and Amerca are the only places that consider instant coffee acceptable. That should tell you something… :sunglasses: