how much?

would you charge to let a car driver who had never sat in a truck before drive Your truck and do your shift with you alongside them coaching ,a regular run out ?
i know its irresponsible but how much? to sneak them in and do the above

corij:
would you charge to let a car driver who had never sat in a truck before drive Your truck and do your shift with you alongside them coaching ,a regular run out ?

From an employers perspective , may I suggest you charge whatever you think you may need to cover your period of unemployment :wink:

albion:

corij:

From an employers perspective , may I suggest you charge whatever you think you may need to cover your period of unemployment :wink:

May I suggest that you also charge enough to cover any damage done in case the insurance company find out the driver is not an employee of the company and refuse to pay out.

Sent from my mobile.

corij:

i know its irresponsible

but how much? to sneak them in and do the above

There’s your answer :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused: :unamused:

corij:

Yes. As long as he could handle it no problem. I used to drive cars once and drive a few trucks after that. Now i drive a van. Trucking is far too much hard work for little wages.

No one less well off than Jeff Bezos has enough money to pay me.
I get frightened sitting next to experienced professional drivers; can’t imagine sitting next to a newbie. Especially with no access to a brake.

Franglais:
No one less well off than Jeff Bezos has enough money to pay me.
I get frightened sitting next to experienced professional drivers; can’t imagine sitting next to a newbie. Especially with no access to a brake.

My time as a driver trainer/assessor type person was stressful because of this.

It was even more stressful when I then had to ‘teach’ a load of drivers with zero LHD experience in the left ■■■■■■ euro vehicles on UK roads. I still have flashbacks of being pelted at mid road street furniture and oncoming traffic and still wake up screaming “KEEP LEFT” to this day.

Took years off my life :laughing:

was asking because a mate of mine got asked and was prepared to follow thru and let him do a shift for £500 or so . he drives at night tho and the guy doing the asking wouldnt do it at night in case he got dazzled or couldnt see the controls .From what was said £500 was ok paid up front before they set off

Surely if he that desperate to drive a truck wouldn’t it be easier and cheaper to book an assessment with a training school

50 quid here trackdays.co.uk/driving-exp … k-driving/

Check them two mirrors at the side.
Twist that thingy to D.
Flick the whatchamacallit to release the brakes.

Lights, indicators, wipers.

Wake me up when you get to Crawford.
Keep her lit drive.

Go.

£100 for my teaching abilties.
£100 for successfully arriving at destination
£■■■ day rate.

Lets see and these are min amounts:

£5000 training payment inc stress.
£10,000 to cover legal costs
£5000 for potential IN12
£1000 to cover unemployment
£5000 for potential LD22

So might be a tad cheaper for them to get a licence. :slight_smile:

IN12 - allowing someone to drive without insurance.
LD22 - allowing someone to drive without correct lic.