What's The Fastest you Clocked

my dad used to do a lot of fettling of his motors , a 1963 bedford TK , leyland engine , overdrive box , coach diff , 2 speed axle = around 70 mph , but the the prop was out of balance so you got quite a bit of vibration at speed down the M1 .Several ford d series from the 70’s had mods to make them quicker for the autoroute when they were coming back empty , 70 to 80 mph for one of them WRP442J ,which considering it was only a D600 wasn’t bad .Trouble was when they went onto pulling box trailers with parcels they couldn’t quite hack it, but good for mobile homes.
when i did night trunk out of corby , we had F10’s with the high ratio diffs (fitted for economy) but they ran really well past 70 and into the 80’s but you only got about 4 to the gallon and they were only around for 12 months or so, before he got rid of them , a303GJF ended up at swifts in northampton and they reckoned it was pretty quick as well
my FIAT 170 - 26 i could get up to about 75 , on the flat . most of my ERF’s were good for about 66, the 84 L10 -250 c series i had for 4 years would happily cruise at around 62 - 65

but that was then ,

tony