D2 Application Form

Hi is it possible to download this form online, thanks.

gov.uk/government/publicati … ng-licence

D2 application form
You can’t download the D2 application form because it includes features that can’t be printed. You have to order a printed copy from DVLA.

ROG:
Medical examination report for a lorry or bus driving licence (D4) - GOV.UK

D2 application form
You can’t download the D2 application form because it includes features that can’t be printed. You have to order a printed copy from DVLA.

Thanks ROG, Out of ignorance I didn’t realise until today that when the truck entitlement expires, which was in June, it expires the whole licence including my car and bike licence, (when did that start?) DVLA site says I need to fill in a D2 to renew everything thing else except truck, I have got the D4 application and medical form, which I have read now and can use the D4 to renew my car/bike licence only, so will fill that in and send ASAP.
And I am guessing I will need another D4 and medical form to renew the HGV part when i get round to taking another medical.

EH !!!

The B categories will not be affected by LGV expiry so something is very wrong :unamused: :open_mouth:

best bet id day is go to an hgv training centre that does medicals they should know whats what.
talking of which I just had my medical filled in the green licence renewal form.
and one of the questions it ask was along the lines of.
have you ever received an infringement for driving hours or load security if so please provide details.
ive had neither but why do the want to know/
does it show up on you licence like points do?

ROG:
EH !!!

The B categories will not be affected by LGV expiry so something is very wrong :unamused: :open_mouth:

According to this website https://www.nolgvbrokers.co.uk/bus-and-lorry-drivers-new-5-year-hgv-and-pcv-licence-renewal/ the rules changed in JAN 2013, I’ve checked mine on the gov licence checker and it says on there it has expired as well.

edd1974:
best bet id day is go to an hgv training centre that does medicals they should know whats what.
talking of which I just had my medical filled in the green licence renewal form.
and one of the questions it ask was along the lines of.
have you ever received an infringement for driving hours or load security if so please provide details.
ive had neither but why do the want to know/
does it show up on you licence like points do?

It is right the website i’ve posted on here says the same, all categories expire after 5 years for vocational licence holders, including those that passed there test after Jan 2013 even if they are in there 20s they now have to sign a declaration that they are still medically fit to drive to get another 5 years licence.
I’ve no idea about the infringement bit.

weeto:

ROG:
EH !!!

According to this website https://www.nolgvbrokers.co.uk/bus-and-lorry-drivers-new-5-year-hgv-and-pcv-licence-renewal/ the rules changed in JAN 2013, I’ve checked mine on the gov licence checker and it says on there it has expired as well.

That says NOTHING about it affecting category B - only C & D categories

YOUR CAT B IS NOT AFFECTED BY ANY LGV AND/OR PCV RENEWAL - THAT IS FACT

I suggest you check here - gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Although this is not really answering the OP, the problem with this hgv licence renewal thing is that there appears to be no way to have a physical, ie plastic card, licence that covers categories you are still entitled to whilst you are renewing your hgv entitlement and it is held up for medical, or whatever reasons that are related only to hgv entitlement.
Last time I did my 5 yearly renewal I started the process in good time but I have bad “white coat syndrome” so it is impossible to obtain a sensible BP reading done under duress, my doctor signed that she was happy with home readings (including a video of me taking readings :slight_smile: ) I sent the form away with my licence, which I think the form demands. Because this then became a "non-standard / non-compliant application it gets held up. On the telephone DVLA give me an estimate of several weeks before it is resolved. I was not desperate for the hgv entitlement but was desperate for a plastic card licence as I had a few euro trips to do in the car. DVLA advice was that you are OK to drive, even hgv’s because your doctor says you comply and your application is with DVLA . DVLA will issue, for free, a letter that says you are fully entitled to drive car etc. I pointed out this was likely to be completely useless when in conversation :unamused: with gendarmes, carabinieri, swiss border police etc. or to hire a car at a foreign airport. I was told the only way is to write to DVLA and withdraw your hgv renewal application. They will then issue a “car” licence and you can restart the hgv renewal again later with a new D4, with which you have to send your plastic licence card…
In the end I only had to go to France in my own car so winged it with a blown up photocopy of the licence I had sent away :laughing: Never got stopped so cannot tell what outcome would have been, lots of faffing and phone calls to DVLA, probably :unamused:
I am not exactly sure what the OP’s situation is but possibly somebody at DVLA has decided to try and impose some extra rules of their own, like they are prone to do.
Why on earth they need you to return the old licence when all that card does really is give the police or whoever a number to check you out against I do not know. If you say you lost it they just issue another as far as I am aware.

Duplicate Post

Can anyone tell me if I can renew my HGV licence after it’s 5 year expiry with a D2 form? There’s reference to a D47P, but I can’t find that form anywhere.
The DVLA website references a D47P, says you should have been sent one, but then doesn’t have anything for requesting such a form.
If D2 is good what option do I choose in part 1? All the information seems to be aimed at people wanting a provisional lorry drivers licence.

Droog. I had that problem. Couldnt get a D47P anywhere. I was thinking about applying extra early. The Post Office hadnt even heard of it. I get the impression its only sent out by DVLA when your renewal is due. My Class 1 expires in March & I got sent the said D47P on 6th Jan. I already had the D4 medical ready [took on 7th December] so sent off form, medical & new photo as requested on 7th Jan. Got the new licence on Tuesday this week [18th].