Why is my tacho showing this

the truck knows what I have driven but tacho shows this

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think that is just advising you you need to take a 45min brake as a minimum. So if you took a 15, it should go down to 30.

Press up down on tacho changes the display.
That one shows how much driving time is left until a break is need
The rest symbol indicates how much rest is need when you stop.

If you take a 15 min break it will go.dosn to 30.
Plus it accumulates your driving hours. Say you do 10 hours driving already it knows

Plus if your approaching 6 13 15 hr shift time it will change the display to how long left before your shift ends.

I was bored one night so read tacho h book in my cab. Quite easy and surprising what you can find out what each display means .
Even one that tells you how many reduced rests you have left

Top line daily driving time since last break
Bottom is your fornightly driving total

Indicates how many 10 hr drives 9 hrs rest you have left for the week

Indicates your activity for 24 hr period

Ie Have 7 36 driving time left for the day. Takes you to 10 hrs driving. If used 10 hours it knows and works onto 9 hours

I have 11 hr 22 until I have completed a 15 hour shift. Again if I’ve done 2 15 hours it changes to 13 hour shifts

Also it indicates I then need a 9 hour rest at end of my shift
Again if used it will show need 11 hours rest

edd1974:
I was bored one night so read tacho h book in my cab. Quite easy and surprising what you can find out what each display means .

That’s cheating, you are not allowed to read the destructions [emoji23]

It’s telling you that that is the next break/rest required. At the end of the day it will revert to 11:00 or 9:00 depending on how much daily rest is required. This will occur when you have less duty than driving time on your 4.5 left

edd1974:
Plus if your approaching 6 13 15 hr shift time it will change the display to how long left before your shift ends.

I am one of those that can read instructions but can never retain it. Always said if I could remember stuff I would be clever and if I was clever I would not be driving a truck. :smiley:

Its a clever way for VOSA to catch people out by putting crypt stuff on the tacho screen and getting them post it on TNUK.

Looks all innocent but if you werent showing the handbrake symbol on the dash, their spies (disguised as fridge engineers) would be waiting to pull you in at the next checkpoint to “ask” if you took a pic while driving.

Luckily you passed so are upgraded to santas nice list…for now. :smiling_imp:

(Or it might be what they said).

Dash and tacho’ display are both correct. Dash says you’ve driven 53minutes, tacho’ says you have 3h37 drive left before you require a 45minute break.

trevHCS:
Its a clever way for VOSA to catch people out by putting crypt stuff on the tacho screen and getting them post it on TNUK.

Looks all innocent but if you werent showing the handbrake symbol on the dash, their spies (disguised as fridge engineers) would be waiting to pull you in at the next checkpoint to “ask” if you took a pic while driving.

I checked to make sure the rev counter was at zero, showing me that the engine was off, other wise I would have to report you :smiley: :smiley:

dave docwra:

trevHCS:

I checked to make sure the rev counter was at zero, showing me that the engine was off, other wise I would have to report you :smiley: :smiley:

Adblue getting a bit low in this modern Daf though.