Royal Mail Drivers

Is there a reason why this lot drive round like a bunch of such utter ■■■■■■

Be it in my car or in the wagon, see one of them in your mirrors and you know they are gonna be racing you. I live quite near their Manchester depot so see it a lot.

I assume its a job & knock trunking thing?

Woah woah woah. We’re not all like that. Thanks for tarring us all with the same brush who happen to drive Royal Mail lorries.

+1

Nearly had my N/S mirror scooped up by one of these retards today

Dear mike, you lot are all bellends. Everyone knows your bellends except for yourselves.

Regards, the rest of the driving community…possibly missing a mirror due to one of the aforementioned bellends ripping it off.

rob22888:
Is there a reason why this lot drive round like a bunch of such utter [zb]?

Be it in my car or in the wagon, see one of them in your mirrors and you know they are gonna be racing you. I live quite near their Manchester depot so see it a lot.

Yep encounter them a lot on the road from Aust services to Avonmouth, they usually get me in the end as i stick to 40.

I’ve had a moan about them before. I’m not for tarnishing everyone with the same brush but I’m yet to come across one who doesn’t cut me up, uses there indicators or doesn’t feel the need to put there 7.5 toner next to me and try and race me. My nearest depot would be southampton it seems there driving attitudes are wide spread.

Agreed on all counts.

I’ve had their lorries overtake me whilst I’m doing 30 (required limit) up Wells Road from 3 lamps junction (for those that know Bristol), and there is no way on earth they could know that the road ahead was clear when they started their idiotic manouvre. What makes it more incredulous is that they only need to stay behind me for a mile and the road becomes dual carriageway where I would happily allow them past, its still 30 there mind you.

The postal vans on the Weston road can be interesting too. Parking on a bend to deliver to one property then moving a few yards to deliver to the next when there is a perfectly good small layby that they could safely park in and deliver in the same time as it takes to move the vehicle.

Royal Mail workers do manage some things competently, that birthday card money doesn’t steal itself. Unfortunately driving isn’t one of them. I always imagine those whose driving is too atrocious, even for taxi driving, go and work at Royal Mail.

MikeCunn:
Woah woah woah. We’re not all like that. Thanks for tarring us all with the same brush who happen to drive Royal Mail lorries.

I’m sure some of you are better than others, but I’m afraid myself (nor many others apparantly) don’t come accross you that often.

I’m guessing your work is hub to hub stuff, is it job & knock, paid by the load or just barmy planning?

I don’t think it’s the drivers or even the firm.

Think “90km/h speed limiters” combined with “job and knock” culture instead. That’s nothing based around any particular firm or set of drivers - right? :sunglasses:

I can’t say i’ve ever noticed any problems. But i do know they never get pulled, So i’m sure some of them will think they are above the law and a cut above the rest of us.

rob22888:
I’m guessing your work is hub to hub stuff, is it job & knock, paid by the load or just barmy planning?

Hub to hub stuff and the planning is very good. Never got on at to hurry up and left alone to get on with it. It’s kind of job and knock but you can only save half an hour at the end of the day even if you fly everywhere.

Don’t know what the conditions are like for the 7.5 Tonne boys though.

bald bloke:

rob22888:
Is there a reason why this lot drive round like a bunch of such utter [zb]?

Yep encounter them a lot on the road from Aust services to Avonmouth, they usually get me in the end as i stick to 40.

Know the road well (A403) we call them the “Red Arrows”

…And there was me thinking that the “Red Arrows” were the folk that just blindly voted Conservative, Hate Unions, or anything else that empowers the riff-raff beneath them, and have just invested umpteen K in solar panels just as the Chinese flood the market with better ones at a fraction of the price. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

claretmatt:
+1

Nearly had my N/S mirror scooped up by one of these retards today

Same as me but O/S. I thought in the end that he was trying to kill me.

I’m ROSPA Gold and retired Lgv instructor and work for them two a days week through agency.

I guess I probably earn more than a lot of you do in a week and can’t remember when I last got my hands dirty. And I’m a darn lot safer.

I’m usually working for companies near to their Coventry hub. I haven’t seen any unskilled or bad driving, but they’re noticeably faster than anyone else. But that’s the effect Job and Finish has…

Twice on the A9 within the last 4 weeks I’v encountered these clowns! Few weeks ago their dozy artic driver pulls out to pass just as the dual carriageway becomes a single, totally reckless & he failed in his attempt!

Last week, single carriageway section southbound before Killiecrankie, I’m rolling along at 44mph when their driver ■■■■■■■ in a layby decides he must get out before I pass him. Barely 150 yards between us & this maniac pulls straight out in front of me.

I can honestly say I’v NEVER seen so much reckless driving by any other firms drivers, The wages must be sky high to encourage these rockets to risk their licences & safety in the way they do! :smiling_imp:

busteredwards:
The wages must be sky high to encourage these rockets to risk their licences & safety in the way they do! :smiling_imp:

Correct.

nightmail:
I’m ROSPA Gold and retired Lgv instructor and work for them two a days week through agency.

I guess I probably earn more than a lot of you do in a week and can’t remember when I last got my hands dirty. And I’m a darn lot safer.

You forgot to add that you can play the trumpet as well.