Wtd question

Noremac:
I see tangent man is at it again.

The mode actually selected when ejecting shouldn’t make any difference, apart from it will be the mode selected when the next driver comes along. Usually that next driver will need to show some other work to begin the day, so by all accounts having other work already selected will be of assistance.

I did work at a place a few years ago where the drivers had been so brainwashed by someone or other, that they would almost recoil in horror at the suggestion of not putting the tacho to break before ejecting. All a complete fishwives’ tale of course.

I was purely making the point that at least 1 minute of work has to follow on from a break, otherwise it won’t be considered.

If you insert your card with it on break, then your card will register a minute’s break when you are actually working “putting the card in”.
Showing a minute “other work” at the end of duty, gets around the need to “not end one’s duty on a break” as well.

The display above - shows that minute booked before ejecting the card, so is perfectly correct.

I’m just stating the get-arounds currently in use where I work. We are now instructed to eject and insert the card with “other work” already selected on the digidevice.

On another note, I have not heard of any hoo-har relating to inserting one’s card with the display reading “Driving without card inserted”…
Personally, I press the button to clear it, stick it on break for 1 minute to clear the flashing “Card!” bit, and then switch back to “other work” before inserting my own card here…