Best phone for reliable GPS

shullbit:

adam277:
So what is the best phone for reliable GPS and in particular inside London.

I have a Pixel 4 which does suffer in London especially when surrounded by tall buildings. Never tried an Iphone but I’d be willing to if it is better.

I tried googling this though and usurpingly very little in the way of results. I thought this would be a pretty big thing for Uber/Cab/Delivery drivers.

If using google maps you can download ‘‘offline maps’’ that kick in when the signal is sketchy, I use them all the time along with a separate truck sat nav to help keep me on route, you should also check a low bridge atlas and have a good idea of the route you are going to take before you take it.

Never needed a low bridge atlas in my life dont intend to start now :smiley:. If the road signs fail me then I should pack in driving haha.
My only concern with bridges has been diversions… I think road workers / Police generally are taught to make sure any diversions should be safe for all vehicle sizes… but I rarely trust them so often find a place to pull in if I do not know the roads to double check.