26% pay increase

TonkaBoy:

Franglais:

Conor:

OwenMoney:
The Tories are no friends of the workers.

Looks at the massive increase in the personal tax allowance there has been, looks at the mandatory forced introduction of the Workplace Pension Scheme which means almost all employees have a work pension now, looks at how much National Minimum Wage has risen and will be rising 92p per hour from next month, looks at the fact there are no longer tens of thousands of Eastern Europeans a year who can just walk in and start to work here, forcing me to accept lower wages and making my employment terms worse because they’re happy to work for much less and not worried about things like being paid overtime because compared to being back home they’re earning a fortune…

Looks at Labour who never put a cap on EU migrants from the new accession countries which led to 15 years of worsening pay and employment terms for millions of British workers in low/unskilled jobs. Looks at Labour who relaxed lending rules so people could borrow up to 125% of the value of their home and self certify their income which led to a 300% rise in house prices in their first 10 years in power. Looks at Labour who created such a funding crisis in the NHS that it had to divert over half a billion pounds from it’s education budget to plug a £600m funding hole, something which meant they had to cut nurse training places and post grad medical training resulting today in a shortage of senior grade nurses and consultants. Looks at Labour who saddled the NHS with so much PFI debt with terms so generous for their mates in the City that £1 in every £8 the NHS is spending today is spent on servicing those PFI loans…

Not convinced your point is a valid one.

Workplace pensions improved lately? Yes.
After being introduced by a Labour Gov. voted against by Tories.

Minimum wage raised? Yes.
After being introduced by a Labour Gov. voted against by Tories.

A relaxation in banking rules by Labour? Yes.
Although the Tories wanted even more rules relaxed.

Did house prices rise under Labour? Yes.
Have they fallen or even stabilised under the Tories? No.
Much more to house prices than the amount a lender will grant, or the interest rates. The ratio of salary to price, the housing supply are very big factors too.

Was it an error to allow unrestricted immigration under Blair?
I think so.
So does Jack Straw and other`s who were in that Gov.

A £600 million hole in NHS funding? Yes.
And the Tories are blaming last years finances on what 13 years earlier? If they cant fix it after 13 years of being in Gov, should they be allowed in for another term?

The Tories with Sunak as Chancellor were aware of billions of pounds of fraud during Covid times, yet refused to investigate and chase the money and the fraudsters. Lord Anew had the decency to resign over it.
Yet they look for every few quid an out of work claimant might be overpaid.

Who looks after their mates? PPE ?
Tories shouldn`t be chucking stones around so much.

Both put forward valid arguments, feel most in the country would just like to have the oppportunity to have an elected Prime Minister, and yes might cause a few bumps with an election right now or prior, but doesnt feel very democratic, especially as this current Prime Minister lacks a direct democratic mandate from the people for his programme for government… And if there had been an election with him leading, would they of won, I feel he wouldnt of, and dont think they will win when they eventually stop dragging it out, thinking people are going to forget whats taken place …
Just to note, I also dont really want Labour in either… or Greens etc… I dont feel any current party represents working people, or ever will… those days are long gone due to a shift in the direction of those that become politicians, and just ALL self serving… when i see one that actually is genuinely interested in the Country… I’ll be behind them, but still waiting…

No PM is democratically elected. Not even BoJo. Its not how it works here.

I do get what you’re saying but ultimately the only thing we have a say on is who our local representative is. Beyond that it’s chosen by their party - remember the demographic of the Conservative party os mainly white, mainly older, mainly wealthy, mainly male…