Truck stop of the year

Sidevalve:
Sorry, Robroy, I think Chippenham is very overrated. It’s expensive, service is slow, the menu is limited and pretentious (they need to decide if they’re a transport cafe or a chic bistro) and one of the staff reminds me of Hilda Ogden with her out of tune “singing”. Getting parked up can be difficult due to the layout and they don’t segregate fridges. I do understand though that they are hoping to expand the parking area. I never go there in daytime as it takes you ages to get served due to the dithering pensioners on bus trips. On the plus side, the shop is good, as are the showers, and the staff are friendly.

I’ll take Trucker’s Rest, Midway or Bridgewater over Chippenham any day as far as the actual cafe side is concerned. If I wanted fine dining I’d go to a pub or restaurant.

Ok, so because they try and update the food and meal quality you ain’t happy?
I found the menu ok tbh,…as for overpriced the meal I had was good quality, I would rather pay a little more for that quality than paying for cheap (and usually greasy ) crap.

I was served right away, and Hilda must have been at home servicing Stan that night :smiley: (showing my age :smiley: ) ,.and I had no coffin dodgers on coach trips to contend with either, but it was about 6 pm.

Truckers Rest? I would describe as one point above adequate, food cheap.abd cheerful, ok, but nothing to write home about,.reasonably clean but basic…park is like battlefield of Somme in winter, Operation Desert Storm in summer.

Bridgewater…yeh spotless, food ok but cheap ingredients, frozen veg,.cardboard chips etc, but good fruit crumbles.

Just shows everybody’s choices and tastes are different bud.