What happened to driving skill/awareness

I wish I knew Juddian but I agree 100% with all you say. What I can’t understand though is none of these seem to frequent this forum. :laughing:
Like you I have always taken great pride in the way I drive and also the vehicles I drive whether they belonged to me or not. That seems to be rare these days.
It really is appalling how driving standards have plummeted in recent years. I do believe some of it comes from poor training where as we know drivers are not taught to drive anymore and just to pass a test. When I was training quite a long time ago now the majority of my candidates passed first time. I think the most tests one of my drivers had was 3. Now it’s common for car lorry and bus drivers to have 4 or 5 tests. Says a lot about the quality of the instructors.
Regarding autonomous vehicles, they will just suit the lazy type of driver who has no interest in driving or a combustion engine.
One thing I’m glad about by the time they arrive I will not be driving any longer. Combustion engines go, I stop. :wink: