Parcel companies. Should they be more regulated

switchlogic:
I did do a video on this very topic. The problem- companies offing way too much for way too little. Next day delivery at the price it often is is utterly ridiculous. Next day delivery for vast majority of stuff is ridiculous. So much pressure put on drivers it’s crazy. You think truck driving is a tough job? Come out in a parcel van for a day!

youtu.be/teKrNiD4EMo

I have tried doing 100 plus drops in a van many years ago when I was younger and fitter. I know how bad the job was then without being able to be tracked down the meter. Can’t think of hand now who the company was we were trialling doing the multidrop for. I lasted 2 days on it, and had to have help half way round the first day as most items were not going to get delivered.

Mind it was literally turn up 3 people helping lob a massive pile of parcels in the van and here’s your route off you go. So I spent ages trying to find each parcel for each drop and assumed the route was in route order. Which it wasn’t so ended up going back on myself several times during the day.

Never tried multidrop ever since nd have no desire to.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk