Crazy Loggers

beefy4605:
As part of my job (and partly the reason I took the job ) I spend a lot of time up in Scotland . Logging trucks are a regluar sight and I have the greatest respect for them , heading off the road into a forest in the middle of winter to collect logs is not a job for the faint hearted I’ve had to go into the woods on a good day to deliver and collect stuff the thought of doing it with freezing temperatures and 6-8 inches of snow on the ground would make me run a mile in the other direction . To be able to do that on a regluar basis and bring the lorry back unharmed gets my respect, wagons and drag trailers with a high center of gravity load on are never going to be as stable on the road so if your in their neck of the woods (so to speak ) I tend to give them as much room as possible , if your on roads that are regular log runs be prepared to stop and give them a bit of room .

I too respect the difficult work done by loggers.
But
Im not so sure I agree with some of your other comments. If their vehicles are less stable because they have a high, heavy, load, then they should drive them accordingly. Not expect to drive the same speed as a "normal" truck, and take more road. They should *need, and take* no more room than anyone else. When we all learnt to drive trucks werent we told not to use our big vehicles as bully-boys?
We cant say to car drivers "out the way, Im bigger". Loggers can`t say that to us.

In my car I do give more room to trucks than they may need.
In my truck I do give more room to other heavier vehicles.

It isn`t up to them to take it from me.