Discordia

Just an observation really but has anyone else noticed a huge presence recently on British roads of this company? Almost like Willi Betz 2. Easily spotted in their canary yellow livery, trucks and trailers generally look immaculate which shouldn’t be difficult as they generally trundle along every bloody road at between 40 and 45mph!

The one I’m noticing more and more on the M20 is Patinter and I hadn’t been used to seeing many Portuguese registered vehicles.

the maoster:
Just an observation really but has anyone else noticed a huge presence recently on British roads of this company? Almost like Willi Betz 2. Easily spotted in their canary yellow livery, trucks and trailers generally look immaculate which shouldn’t be difficult as they generally trundle along every bloody road at between 40 and 45mph!

trans.info/en/discordia-fleet-1000-284472

Over a thousand trucks on the road… all looking for a ■■■■■■■■■■■■

cav551:
The one I’m noticing more and more on the M20 is Patinter and I hadn’t been used to seeing many Portuguese registered vehicles.

We get a large number of Portuguese registered lorries into our cold store, it’s unusual to find an actual Portuguese driving them though, they are invariably from much further east.

cav551:

I thought Patinter were French who ran out of Calais…sure I once tried for a job with them years ago, when they did a lot of Northern Eng and Scotland,.unless I’m getting mixed up with another.

As for Portugese you always know them by the ‘VEICULO LONGO’ plates

robroy:

cav551:

I thought Patinter were French who ran out of Calais…sure I once tried for a job with them years ago, when they did a lot of Northern Eng and Scotland,.unless I’m getting mixed up with another.

Patinter, yellow with red sheets on tautliners, started in Manguelde. Had mostly Magnums at one time. Did lots of automotive work all over Europe. Often double manned.

the maoster:

It’s all about stress apparently , driving below the limiter , or that’s what you all told me a month ago , you know when you were all driving around at 53 mph !!!

robroy:

cav551:

You sure you’re not thinking of Carpentier Rob??

RIPPER:

robroy:

cav551:

You sure you’re not thinking of Carpentier Rob??

Yep that’s the one mate .Carpentier, :bulb: …I was getting my Pat’s and my Carp’s confused. :smiley:

I was sure it was Patinter., but as everybody knows…I never argue with Franglais. :laughing:

Discordia also attract the attention of VOSA regularly for varying reasons.

Ken.

Franglais:

robroy:

cav551:

Patinter, yellow with red sheets on tautliners, started in Manguelde. Had mostly Magnums at one time. Did lots of automotive work all over Europe. Often double manned.

Still mainly Renault, which may be why they stand out, yesterday’s were pale orange with Yellow Signwriting though.

Quinny:
Discordia also attract the attention of VOSA regularly for varying reasons.

Ken.

Surely not to the same extent as De Rooy though?

If I was near one of them coming up to Beattock or Todhill I’d hang back just right guarantee id not be bothered :laughing: