Cutting in after overtaking,is it an offence?

So if you are like me and dont like trucks cutting back in only a couple of feet past your front bumper.I just wondered if its classed as driving without due care.

I agree that it is intensely annoying and is usually carried out by those who start to indicate left when they are two thirds of the way past you which always sets my Spidey senses tingling. It probably is a due care matter, the only problem is that a police officer would need to witness it and as there are none about it’s generally a moot point.

the maoster:
I agree that it is intensely annoying and is usually carried out by those who start to indicate left when they are two thirds of the way past you which always sets my Spidey senses tingling. It probably is a due care matter, the only problem is that a police officer would need to witness it and as there are none about it’s generally a moot point.

Yeah fully agree about indicating half way down the trailer
I had one on Friday on A50 , truck behind me pulls out and starts elephant racing and as he is literally at the side of my unit he starts to indicate left to squeeze into the non existing gap for a truck between me and the unit infront of me, I dropped a couple of clicks to him in then he slows down leaving a massive gap in between him and the truck infron , there wasn’t any exits or laybys so no clue why he did to be honest

Yes,that really annoys me when they do it on the motorway,leads you to think they are coming off the next exit,so you slow down and then he doesnt take the exit

y problem is that a police officer would need to witness it and as there are none about it’s generally a moot point.[/quote

You dont need a policeman now.You can simply upload the footage to the police website if you wanted to.In fact,Ive noticed,since dashcams were available,there are less really idiotic things truckers do.
I remember about 10 years ago,this truck used his lorry to delibtatley send me into the roundabout because he was annoyed that I held him up.I couldnt help it my truck would only do 25mph up the hill,fully loaded.I think he would think twice about doing that now

Sploom:
Yes,that really annoys me when they do it on the motorway,leads you to think they are coming off the next exit,so you slow down and then he doesnt take the exit

lol, that’s a trick I used to use when pig ignorant spam heads would keep me in the middle lane for mile after mile. It always worked.

Sploom:

If they do that to me they miss their exit end off

blue estate:

Sploom:

But they’re not taking the exit. So it doesn’t matter.

ezydriver:

Sploom:

lol, that’s a trick I used to use when pig ignorant spam heads would keep me in the middle lane for mile after mile. It always worked.

Classic answer ! :smiley:

Ill translate it for others: "Im one of the pig ignorant spam heads who sits in the middle lane, for mile after mile, trying to overtake someone the same speed as me".

ezydriver:

blue estate:

Sploom:

But they’re not taking the exit. So it doesn’t matter.

Either way if they’ve not got the power or extra limiter to over take don’t !

Franglais:

ezydriver:

Sploom:

Ill translate it for others: "Im one of the pig ignorant spam heads who sits in the middle lane, for mile after mile, trying to overtake someone the same speed as me".

:laughing: :laughing: I’m the one who moved over to let the pig ignorant spam head join the motorway, and got hung out to dry when level with their cab.

ezydriver:

Franglais:

ezydriver:

Sploom:

:laughing: :laughing: I’m the one who moved over to let the pig ignorant spam head join the motorway, and got hung out to dry when level with their cab.

Aye…Been there…

But not for mile after mile. :smiley:

ezydriver:

Sploom:

What do you mean,keep you in the middle lane?
You put yourself there.Its your problem really if you cant get past.The middle is there to be used.Its just as wide as the other lanes and goes the same way!

If you moved over to let a truck join the motorway,then ,yes,thats the exception ,he should slow down and flash you back in

Sploom:

ezydriver:

Sploom:

What do you mean,keep you in the middle lane?
You put yourself there.Its your problem really if you cant get past.The middle is there to be used.Its just as wide as the other lanes and goes the same way!

Sometimes the overtake looks full of promise, til they speed up when I’m alongside. You know how it is.

No different to the ‘offence’ of accelerating when being overtaken.Among other deliberate attempts to block lane changing and merging traffic.Which for some reason is getting more common than previously.

Ahhh my numero uno pet hate …I’m sure I’ve mentioned it. :laughing:

All that crap started with the generation of drivers who say ‘‘I don’t need flashed in me,.cos I know exactly where the back of my trailer is’’ … :unamused:
Well so does every ■■■■ else you pricks !! but when you do wait to be flashed in at least you know the driver is comfortable with you coming back in space and distance wise…aka mutual courtesy. :bulb:
So then it spread to the point where at least 50% of ‘drivers’ didn’t bother their arses any longer, hence the present overtaking/cutting in cluster ■■■■.

I can honestly say that up to about 10 to 15 years ago,.when 99.9% of drivers used the flashing in system that worked for generations (whether they NEEDED it or not) I can not recall having to put up with some **** who nearly took your mirrors off.

(2 points for the first chump who comes up with the ‘‘small mirrors in the old days big mirrors today so not needed now’’ chestnut. :unamused: :laughing:)

ezydriver:

Sploom:

So,the next time,you cant complain if he wont let you in,because you are decieving ,by your own admission

Sploom:

ezydriver:

Sploom:

So,the next time,you cant complain if he wont let you in,because you are decieving ,by your own admission

They never don’t let me in.

One of the ironies of this is last night when overtaking a wagon they flashed me in when I pretty much must have only just had the back of my trailer pass their front bumper, I was actually surprised they’d flashed because I didn’t think I’d actually got past them. Because I didn’t immediately pull in and wanted to open the gap because I know I don’t like people cutting in and shaving the paint off my front bumper it seemed to make them quite irate because they then started flashing even more.