JAUPT to become part of DVSA

ramone:
our company offer free training but it must be done on the saturday i dont work , is this legal bearing in mind i start at 5.30 am and the course is classed as work ■■?,

Do you get paid wages for attending the course? If so it’s work, if you’re not getting paid, then it’s not work. All this should be clearly explained on a Driver’s Hours course, assuming you get someone who knows what they’re talking about.

Speak to your company if the training provider is providing rubbish courses, there are other options out there.

I have ten drivers booked on a course next week with a TP and Trainer I’m familiar with. I know my guys will (a) learn the things that I know they need to be better with, and (b) they won’t be bored witless because I’ve put thought into who they’re doing their course with.

If more people did that, DCPC would be generally better, but like many things in the industry often are, it’s all about minimal commitment and effort, so crappy TPs with crappy courses still exist. On the plus side, if you’d read the recent post by the guy from Manchester you’d know that with a Driver Hire online course there may be dodges you can use you… :laughing: