Drivers assessment

Roymondo:

Skndlz:

Roymondo:
I used to be employed by DHL. They invited me to apply to be a Driver Assessor in addition to my regular role as a Driver. I did their training (3 days in Bristol IIRC, staying in a Holiday Inn type hotel with expenses paid) and also did a small number of assessments before I told them to stuff it as I was being required to do the assessments (and all the paperwork etc attached) in addition to doing my regular driving work with no time allowance for the assessment stuff.

At the time I had held my Group C licence for about 7 years, C+E for only about 2 years.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Would you care to share with us the protocol that you’re required to follow, if any, or you are allowed to fail the applicant on the first minor mistake? Thanks

The “protocol” I was given was essentially to look at the drive as a whole, rather than focusing on individual “failures”. Essentially, did I feel happy to sit in the passenger seat or was I on edge, feeling that the candidate wasn’t giving me (and the vehicle) a safe drive?

Reversing onto a bay, coupling/uncoupling the trailer were rather more formulaic. A shunt or three perfectly acceptable (provided the shunts were actually “justifiable” rather than simply trying again and again without actually getting any closer to the required alignment). The candidate would be told that BLACK procedure was to be followed and if they couldn’t do that during an assessment, what chance of them doing it day-to-day?

Fuel-efficient, smooth driving could be coached later if needed - I was really just looking for a safe drive with awareness of other road users, kerbs, road signs, traffic lights etc.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

exactly my point! Lets all agree that this was a ■■■■ company with corrupt TM that just took adavntage of me because he didn’t like me.

robroy…there was no attitude. After the assessment I asked politely, shouldnt we go on a motorway. By then he had already made up his mind.