12v or 24v

Hi guys , just bought a hella 12v/24v hella plug and cigarette adapter to with usb x2 for my led lights in cab , which socket would be better to use , 12v or 24v , and yes I am that bad regarding electrical stuff ■■? TIA

cliffey:
Hi guys , just bought a hella 12v/24v hella plug and cigarette adapter to with usb x2 for my led lights in cab , which socket would be better to use , 12v or 24v , and yes I am that bad regarding electrical stuff ■■? TIA

If your lights are 24v then plug in 24v if not then 12v… simples :laughing:

But remember not to plug any 12v stuff in if its on the 24v as it will go bang!!!

It’s always worthwhile getting yourself a cigarette lighter socket voltage meter to avoid burning out your devices
ebay.co.uk/itm/314026066527 … Sw7p5ind2E

Stephenjp:

cliffey:

If your lights are 24v then plug in 24v if not then 12v… simples [emoji38]

But remember not to plug any 12v stuff in if its on the 24v as it will go bang!!!

If the output is USB (as stated in the OP) it will be at 5V, which is what the LED lights will be designed to run on.

If the thing is marked as 12V/24V it can be used in either 12V or 24V sockets/■■■ lighters and the voltage regulator inside will provide a regulated 5V at the USB output.

Whether you’d trust a cheap Chinese no-name bit of kit to work safely/reliably is of course a whole different question!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

Stephenjp:

cliffey:

If your lights are 24v then plug in 24v if not then 12v… simples [emoji38]

If the output is USB (as stated in the OP) it will be at 5V, which is what the LED lights will be designed to run on.

If the thing is marked as 12V/24V it can be used in either 12V or 24V sockets/■■■ lighters and the voltage regulator inside will provide a regulated 5V at the USB output.

Whether you’d trust a cheap Chinese no-name bit of kit to work safely/reliably is of course a whole different question!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes I misread that…

I was thinking of the ones with a socket or 2 and with usb, I have one of those on my 12v socket, I then have a hella adapter for the 24v where I plug my heated lunch box in to warm up food, as its better in the 24v than the 12v!!!

Thanks guys , brilliant as usual