Thurrock Council

Be warned they have declared war on lorrys

thurrock.nub.news/news/local-ne … ers-139914

fingermissing:

if company’s refused to deliver to these areas they would soon change there stance when they run out of there tins of beans.
i know it will never happen, Some of those drivers might of come out of hours for all different reasons ,makes my blood boil why can’t they look at it from a drivers perspective? runs out of hours at the docks and needs somewhere to park,

“The vast majority of these HGV fines were issued around 1am in the morning, demonstrating the effectiveness of operating out of hours and catching HGV drivers who flout the rules around the clock.”

Flout the rules at 1am? How dare they sleep…

Those ■■■■ s have had it in for trucks and drivers for years, when I used to go down there regular between 2002 and 2007 to drop export trailers into Purfleet docks, we used to park unit only , on a little ind est with individual units, opposite a filling station, one of the units being an Indian takeaway who was glad of the business from the drivers.
The other units used to get free security through night also, I remember talking to a owner on there one morning who told me he was glad of the trucks…apart fron the odd ■■■■■■ who left his mess behind of course. :imp:
Then they stopped that by clamping, so a couple of us used to park behind the Chinese pub/takeaway by permission of the owner…he also lost a lot of trade he told me one night with them banning parking.

(Incidentally on a side note, looking at that councillor 2hats pic, am I the only one who thinks he has the type of face you’d never get tired of punching? :smiling_imp: )

Somebody should sneak in the Thurrock council offices and impregnate his bog roll with hot chilli. :laughing:

He obviously feels very pleased with what he has ‘‘achieved’’, maybe he should concentrate on the provision of a decent alternative parking site, and I don’t mean that overpriced MSA ■■■■ hole.
He wants to remember his local economy is a large part of the trade brought in by trucks, with the docks alone, then there is all the surrounding industry.

He belongs to one of the 3 categories of ‘men’ that I personally ■■■■ hate. : :imp:

Pompous self serving types like himself with a job of authority.

Snivelling grasses who spend their sad lives reporting people,.(who would be sh scared to confront those they report face to face.) …usually self appointed authoritarians with no friends.

Arse crawling ‘yes men’ who almost always qualify for the previous category also.

There should be camps built for these types,.with a ‘Final Solution’ policy. :grimacing:
That’s my monthly rant done now. :smiley:

a quote from the last 2 paragraphs of the article…
"The impact of increased enforcement has been welcomed by Cllr Allen Mayes, whose Tilbury Riverside ward has been blighted by lorry-parking issues.

He said: “I welcome the success of Thurrock’s parking strategy. Now I am pushing for our first HGV no-parking zone to be on Fort Road and the World’s End Car Park. We have a number of legal HGV parks and drivers should be using those dedicated areas not frustrating local residents.” "

a quick google and i come up with 4 lorry parks
thurrock services which you can never get in past lunch time
hailey road erith with 20 spaces
titan truckstop with 100 spaces with broken toilets and showers at 17 quid
hireco at london gateway at 29.50 (can you use this if your not using the port??)

i susspect at least one of these will of gone so for an area that has 2 major routes into east london and 2 major ports there must be lots of parking :unamused:

cooper1203:
"The impact of increased enforcement has been welcomed by Cllr Allen Mayes, whose Tilbury Riverside ward has been blighted by lorry-parking issues.

He said: “I welcome the success of Thurrock’s parking strategy. Now I am pushing for our first HGV no-parking zone to be on Fort Road and the World’s End Car Park. We have a number of legal HGV parks and drivers should be using those dedicated areas not frustrating local residents.” "

hailey road erith with 20 spaces
hireco at london gateway at 29.50 (can you use this if your not using the port??)

i susspect at least one of these will of gone so for an area that has 2 major routes into east london and 2 major ports there must be lots of parking :unamused:

Don’t be fooled mate, it’s just lip service, he and his cronies neither know nor care where there are proper truck parking places, they really don’t give a flying ■■■■.

As somebody else said, all hauliers should unite and refuse to deliver in their ■■■■ hole of an area, until they provide parking places solely in order to allow drivers to do their job properly…and legally. :bulb:

robroy:
Those [zb] s have had it in for trucks and drivers for years,

The whole country has been anti truck pro rail for around a century rob.Now the government is imposing the end game.

robroy:
As somebody else said, all hauliers should unite and refuse to deliver in their [zb] hole of an area, until they provide parking places solely in order to allow drivers to do their job properly…and legally. :bulb:

The drivers themselves can force the issue on the guvnor by saying can’t get in to be tipped or loaded without running out of time to get parked.

cooper1203:

hailey road erith with 20 spaceswrong more than 20 in Hailey road

blue estate:

cooper1203:

hailey road erith with 20 spaceswrong more than 20 in Hailey road

never been there i just went off the website truckfly.com/en/poi-details … ark/72118/

the point i was trying to make was these councilers are just parasites spending thier 37.5 hours aweek rushing round trying to come up with crap that does nothing but line thier own coffers to legitimise thier bloated saleries. As Robroy said they have no clue about any details of any issue and cant be bothered to spend 2 min on google to find out unless it benefits them or thier mates.

cooper1203:
the point i was trying to make was these councilers are just parasites spending thier 37.5 hours aweek rushing round trying to come up with crap that does nothing but line thier own coffers to legitimise thier bloated saleries. As Robroy said they have no clue about any details of any issue and cant be bothered to spend 2 min on google to find out unless it benefits them or thier mates.

Um - councillors don’t get a salary, let alone a bloated one. They get an allowance intended to cover their expenses, plus can claim travel expenses when on council business. They do their council duties in addition to their “day job”.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

cooper1203:

Um - councillors don’t get a salary, let alone a bloated one. They get an allowance intended to cover their expenses, plus can claim travel expenses when on council business. They do their council duties in addition to their “day job”.

I personally know of a councillor who does very well thank you out of his…‘‘expenses’’ for travelling alone…,.I’d go as far as to say he makes a decent living out of it…it’s a gravy train.
Put it this way the ‘‘expenses’’ far outweigh the actual expenditure, and that ain’t hearsay it was straight from the horses mouth, that ‘‘horse’’ being a very close relative.

As Billy Connolly said the type of person who go for these posittions where they want your vote should be enough to disqualify them from doing it.

Hire co London gateway is open to anybody to park up.
I wouldt night out there. All it has is few metal toilet cubicles . and them stupid hands free inbuilt wall sink things. Where put hand in some soap then water comes out absolutely useless.
They do have a diner /portakabin there.never ate there so can’t comment
How then can class it as a truck stop is beyond me
I’ve only ever stayed there for my 45 mins on occasion.

Was bound happen in Essex…they have obviously been watching what Kent did how much they raised. Etc.
In time other neighboring councils will follow suit when they realise how much money they can make,

fingermissing:

i have sent an email to this clown telling him the other side of the argument, Not that he will take a blind bit of notice. however maybe lots of truck drivers who feel the same way should let him know there feelings his e mail is on the thurrock council website

keepthefaith:

fingermissing:

i have sent an email to this clown telling him the other side of the argument, Not that he will take a blind bit of notice. however maybe lots of truck drivers who feel the same way should let him know there feelings his e mail is on the thurrock council website

You should have pointed him to this thread on this forum to view his popularity.
I wonder how many of his electorate drive trucks or have family members who drive trucks btw, they should vote with their feet to get him to lose the next election and ■■■■ right off.
Absolute ■■■■■■ of the highest order. :imp:

robroy:

keepthefaith:

fingermissing:

You should have pointed him to this thread on this forum to view his popularity.
I wonder how many of his electorate drive trucks or have family members who drive trucks btw, they should vote with their feet to get him to lose the next election and [zb] right off.

this thread was included in my e mail rob,

keepthefaith:

robroy:

keepthefaith:

fingermissing:

I wonder how many of his electorate drive trucks or have family members who drive trucks btw, they should vote with their feet to get him to lose the next election and [zb] right off.

this thread was included in my e mail rob,

Nice one. :smiley:
Thing is if anybody is planning to e.mail this pompous clown, I’d suggest keeping it kinda civil and business like.
He obviously looks down his nose at us,.and somebody sending threatening e.mails,. spiced up with excessive effin and jeffin to make their point, will only feed his stereotypical view of us being uneducated rough arsed Neanderthals,.which he’ll just love eh? …just saying like. :bulb:

Roymondo:

cooper1203:

Something like 10k ‘‘expenses’’ a year for each committee your on, if your on 3 committees that’s 30k, those figures are from like 20 years ago so its probably a lot more now