XPO Job Advert

edd1974:
There saying start as a driver and.you can progress up the ladder to mamgamnet one day.
Which is a good thing.
Some people are happy just driving others want to one day become part of the management maybe run the operation . Meaning more money…but more responsibility.

Exactly.

I’ve read many posts on here over the years about “clueless office staff” who have “never done the job” but theres a place offering a path to avoiding that and it’s shot down? Or a place where you can join for one job and instead of jacking it in and going for another similar job, you can at least look at other roles, withoit resigning, finding a new job, working weeks notices or weeks in hand. It’s a bad thing apparently?

Driving isnt for everyone, some people (I feel especially some of the newer recent passes who have been seduced by the life of driving only to perhaps find out its not what they expected) may want to move onto other things. Likewise I’ve also seen posts on here championing forkies because “they’re on much the same wages as us” and “they finish at x time” etc.

I’ve done the management path. Not sure where the argument that its more money or less hours comes from? Over the years ive always earned more driving especially when you consider all the “at home/off clock” work added in. I remember phones calls at midnight from the middle of France or Spain because a driver dropped a clanger, usually followed by an early morning flight to solve it with a pocket full of euros and long silent drive back to blighty with a very sheepish recently made drivers mate having been relieved of driving. And thats the easy ones, there was other occasions where it ended in months of court battles, many trips to Spain and drivers temporarily imprisoned and ultimately sentenced.

Sod all that again. I’m happy being just a number :laughing: