Best Job For A New Pass Class 1 Driver?

DSMRookie:

mr bluecity:
For me it’s, RDC fridge work all day long, can’t get any easier, make sure you have a decent book and plenty of movies downloaded on your iPad, lots of hanging around ! So much easier than general haulage on a curtain sider, having to constantly strap down loads, faff about opening the curtains in the freezing cold and pouring rain !

Fridge work is my favourite also! Although at the moment I found the perfect work for me- Fridge work and Aldi+ Lidl exclusively, so yeah, it’s self-tip, but I hate being stuck on a ramp for hours, so this is the best for me. [emoji16]

On the topic: OP you have to take what you can get for now. I needed around 3-6 months to be able to reverse everywhere [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you tend to use motorised pallet-trucks these days on fridges,or still those ancient ‘bullworker’ type manual affairs?..wouldn’t be at all surprised if it’s the latter.I used more electric variables in the remotest fruit packing plants of Europe and that was circa late 90’s.I took one particular cargo of apples once to Sheerness and the ludicrous pallet mover they issued,an especially abused specimen of its kind,nearly gave me a hernia l recall.Apples fully stacked ain’t easy movers.Bet nothings changed. :confused: