Texting lorry driver jailed after crashing into van on A27

toonsy:

Monsterbrown:
Another great ambassador for his trade.

For those who are anti camera, you might ponder why companies put them in. To catch drivers out? I don’t think so - if they were that interested they wouldn’t employ muppets like this guy.

No the reason for cameras is that they save money for the company. Typical scenario - car driver says lorry drove into me, I want a million pounds. Video shows car drove into lorry, case closed.

And that’s on average, including the knob gobblers such as we are discussing. If you’re the type of driver who generally is doing the right thing the camera is far more likely to save your reputation than the reverse.

Event triggered cameras are the way to go, if used sensibly. I dare say this guy had near misses before which could have been picked up - it’s a disgrace that these prats get away with it.

Surely then an all round camera system would work? I’ve got one which covers pretty much everything externally and I’ve no issue with that whatsoever.

Exactly, nor me, bring it on.
That is and would be quite adequate to prove a drivers innocence in an rta.
I have no desire to be spied on whilst working whether it be for one minute or 24 hours.