Pallet chaos

DCPCFML:

Stanley Mitchell:

trevHCS:

Stanley Mitchell:
How these clowns get where they are makes you wonder :blush:

We had one who’s been through all the big corps in transport. They were next to useless, just did basically bugger all daily and turned the office into a ghost town feel. Now moved in again no doubt to do the same. Guessing they didn’t even need a reference as higher ups got taken by surprise when they gave notice.

As for the pallet networks, its just getting stupid now. 13H days are becoming norm on nights (no sleeping) which just results in more people leaving, making it worse and worse. Our lot are about to get a rude awakening letter laying out whats going on and if they don’t take notice (as expected) then bye bye. They lose their more experienced ops.

I went past the PalletForce gaff yesterday in all its glory and it got me thinking…how soon will it be before they start employing shunters to actually load the trailers, while you get the required rest ect ?

From an H&S perspective, Its got legs [IMO] :bulb:

Being familiar with Palletforce operation, I don’t see how using shunters would make the operation any quicker. I can’t see the shunters unstrapping and restrapping the pallets - even having them open and close the curtains is unlikely. There’s also not enough space for everyone to drop off their trailer, not to mention the extra time it would take as the yard gets completely blocked by Bogdan taking 30 shunts to complete a simple reverse into a bay (happens regularly at TNT Lount). It’s surely quicker for the driver to sort out the curtains and straps and sit with it inside the shed whilst un/loading and then they are ready to move out the second they are finished to allow the next truck in :question:

Its quicker to leave the driver doing what he is paid to do i agree, but most of the complaints are about the driver having to do more & more for his money and not getting a crafty kip in ect… :neutral_face: