Changing to 4 on 4 off tramping from Mon-Fri tramping

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Well after nearly 17 years of Mon-Fri tramping I’ve been offered 4 on 4 off tramping with the company I work for and have decided to take it. Salaried to £34,400 on basic with overtime plus nights out and extra shifts available plus 20 days a year holiday it gives me the perfect work/home life balance , I still get to do the job I love doing plus get to spend more time with my partner, 6 year old daughter and 5 week old daughter. I’ll get the chance to start going to the gym again and take up boxing/BJJ lessons plus a lot easier to sort doctors/dentist appointments. I’ve worked it out and I won’t be that much worse off plus probably earning the same or more than some folk doing Mon-Fri tramping plus the fact that by booking 4 days holiday gives you 12 days off. How many of you on here changed to 4 on 4 off and was it the best decision you made or do you actually regret it? Obviously there will be good and bad experiences out there.

Been looking at doing a 4 on 3 off gig with my lot. Looking for a better work/life balance. No mortgage to pay and no debts so its time to ease of the throttle for the last 15 years of my working life.