Desperate for HGV drivers

DCPCFML:

Fuzrat:
This just popped up on faceache. I know its an “apprenticeship” and they are putting someone through their test but Jesus wept, 9 quid an hour in Aylesbury :open_mouth: They deliver to our stores and I must say the drivers I have spoke to have said morale has gone through the floor since XPO took over the contract for Arla.

uk.indeed.com

:open_mouth: [emoji38]
This will definitely end well, not ! New drivers, doing arla milk cage work, to stores, in London? [emoji38] Talk about being thrown in at the deep end [emoji38] . They can’t even get seasoned pro’s to do the work because it’s such an utter ball-ache of a job so their solution is to palm it off on newbies and pay them a pittance? Many of the drops are a challenge to get in to for even experienced drivers with nasty blind side reverses around parked cars, trolleys and bins, all while you have angry impatient car drivers trying to squeeze past you and pedestrians nipping round the back of your trailer as you’re reversing. Imagine that for a complete newbie and let’s add in some rain as well so you can’t see [zb] in your mirrors. Oh boy, it’s gonna be carnage!

The site across in Leeds has had permanent ads for drivers for about the past 20 years. There’s about 100 different agencies in there (mostly for the Moran Logistics arm) and none of them can get drivers to last more than a week. The trucks and trailers are in a right state with panels hanging off or missing altogether. [emoji38]

I was warned off Arla work by a much more experienced driver than I just after I passed in 2009.

Sounds like not much has changed!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk