Do you prefer regularity or the unexpected?

Juddian:

Winseer:

Juddian:

Winseer:

One can only imagine the regular Debrief:

Fortunately we haven’t slid down the rabbit hole into the world of debriefing :unamused: yet.

So long as the job gets done properly, the customer is happy and the vehicle comes back in one bit, the route you might have chosen to get the job done will not be questioned.

I reckon “De Briefing” that I found now is the case at RM these days (since I left FT there) is just giving some work for those drivers who ain’t got a lot of work for them any longer, as “acting manager” or “driver trainer” basically micro-managing everything…

There are moans for leaving a depot more than 9 minutes later than the 318 says, moans for not executing a “closed door” policy on late-loads, but the threat of the sack if one DOES then leave with “work left behind”. Can’t win there! Either you ■■■■ one manager off, or listen to the other one, and ■■■■ them off instead. Either way, you’re name soon gets to be mud unless you get perfect traffic conditions, no road closures ever, and all the other “perfect line-up” that never seems to happen in the real world, not for this long-standing driver at least.
Careful scrutiny is made via the Isotrac system (or whatever it has moved onto since) so “spending too long in one place” gets viewed as an “unauthorized break”…
“Going down the wrong roads” is frowned upon, even if legal to do so.

I even got moaned at one occasion for “dropping a Milton Keynes Trailer off @ Parcel Force” returning one night fron Coventry hub (318 says “return with empty trailer to medway”)
Naturally, Coventry’s (Parcel Force) effort to be “more efficient” by giving me this ad-hoc instruction to a driver passing that way otherwise with an empty trailer - wasn’t lost on me, but did seem to be lost on RM Logistics which decide that I’m not apparently supposed to obey the managers at the other offices I run into… Hmm one big happy family eh? - NOT!

I’m wondering if RM has fallen to the Lefties these days, as it’s all this “micromanagement” rather than “substance” these days.
Folk I used to know there - tell me how crap it has become since I left in 2010…

Anyways, I don’t need to go back there now that I’ve got regular supermarket work, which pays almost as much, at least at Christmas time… (£19ph for tonights shift, compared to £19.48ph at RM over Christmas at the start of this year, before my little “accident” in March got me the bullet…) :blush:

Plenty of variety there, with ad-hoc runs out ever shift, and no buggering about trying to keep the managers happy “doing their jobs for them”.

You get given a store to deliver a trailer full of stuff to, go there, collect the empties, return to depot, de-kit, rinse and repeat. Plenty of road closures to negotiate, NO moaning when you take longer than normal to complete the tasks allocated to you. Bliss!! :slight_smile: