Removed from: Don't pull your tacho card [Multi IDs]

Why do people have to assume that because its the Internet someone can’t possibly be who they might say they are.

They could be telling the truth or equally they could be lying.

But jumping on the constant bandwagon and calling every new member a troll is no exactly in the spirit of welcoming a new member to a forum.

It’s the internet for gods sake. And the old adage “if you have not got anything polite to say its better to say nothing”.

Yes I get the content of the post is a bit meh as any half decent drivers would already know its a no go situation but may be of help to some “fresh blood” who may think its not a big deal. Regardless of who the thread starter is or isn’t.

Not even sure why I have contributed to this read tbh.

robthedog:
I think we’ve found a multiple user ID

So what if it’s true?

dieseldave:

robthedog:

So what if it’s true?

Thing is I find with most forums (I’ve been on) having multiple User ID’s is generally usually not allowed. I think that’s why people can’t understand why they are allowed on here.

dieseldave:

robthedog:

So what if it’s true?

It increases the possibility of the content being sheet…and,that said poster is a troll.

Not saying this is the case here btw

commonrail:

dieseldave:

robthedog:

So what if it’s true?

It increases the possibility of the content being sheet…and,that said poster is a troll.

It does but if the forum rules allow multiple user ID’s then it’s not breaking any rule on that front. The mods can’t also accuse everyone of being a troll just because people think so or because of the content.it either fits within those rules or it doesn’t.

commonrail:

dieseldave:

robthedog:

So what if it’s true?

Correct, but even if it’s true, robthedog still doesn’t seem to have grasped the simple fact that there’s no TN rule against multiple user IDs. :unamused:

:bulb: There is a rule against straightforward spamming/trolling though, so a TC ought to be aware that TN also has the option to suspend, revoke or curtail etc. :wink:

dieseldave:

commonrail:

dieseldave:

robthedog:

So what if it’s true?

Correct, but even if it’s true, robthedog still doesn’t seem to have grasped the simple fact that there’s no TN rule against multiple user IDs. :unamused:

:bulb: There is a rule against straightforward spamming/trolling though, so a TC ought to be aware that TN also has the option to suspend, revoke or curtail etc. :wink:

I see what you did there!!
[emoji848]

dieseldave:

robthedog:

So what if it’s true?

In a world…

Jam packed full of fakes, fake news and imposters, it’s just sad that TN allows and condones people who use multiple IDs.

To myself and I believe many others, it serves no purpose other than subterfuge and deceit.

yourhavingalarf:
To myself and I believe many others, it serves no purpose other than subterfuge and deceit.

I agree with you.

Can we then agree that a person can register from their home internet, then without moving from the comfort of their chair, register again within minutes (or at any other time) using roaming on one or more mobile phones, or even register again by using the wi-fi at a truckstop?

If you agree with me, then please explain exactly what you would have us do about it?

Now, back to topic!! :smiley:

Call me a cynical old [zb], but I have to wonder why a TC would bother finding and registering on a trucking forum to warn us about pulling tacho cards. On the surface it appears to be innocent enough and nothing more sinister than simply trying to be helpful, but these kind of ‘good deeds’ are rarely seen these days - at least not with sincerity and I become even more suspicious when they choose not to disclose their name.

I will reserve judgment for now, but I would not be at all surprised if their sole raison d’être here is to “gather evidence” from user submitted post content. Be on your guard. :exclamation:

Unlikely as it is that the mods will allow this post, here goes.

It’s fine to have multiple id’s. Why I hear you ask? Why would you need a multiple I’d? What is it that you cant say, with your own I’d, and why? A very good question. Most of those here, on pre-mod, could easily create multiple id’s, to cause the havoc for which we were put on pre-mod in the first place. But we dont. Because we dont want to. We dont need to. The site may not like our forthright opinions, but we dont resort to creating multiple ids to carry on.

Multiple id’s on this site are only used by trolls. Wether they are allowed because they create traffic, and income, I dont know. But there it is.

As for a TC creating an account on here to lecture us… please…

the nodding donkey:
Unlikely as it is that the mods will allow this post, here goes.

It’s fine to have multiple id’s. Why I hear you ask? Why would you need a multiple I’d? What is it that you cant say, with your own I’d, and why? A very good question. Most of those here, on pre-mod, could easily create multiple id’s, to cause the havoc for which we were put on pre-mod in the first place. But we dont. Because we dont want to. We dont need to. The site may not like our forthright opinions, but we dont resort to creating multiple ids to carry on.

Multiple id’s on this site are only used by trolls. Wether they are allowed because they create traffic, and income, I dont know. But there it is.

As for a TC creating an account on here to lecture us… please…

Good post Mule. We are proper outcasts, rebels & naughty boys, the real deal.

No pretend ID’s here mate :laughing: Don’t like it, stop reading it. PRE MOD CLUB…The Fight club of TNUK :sunglasses:

I used to have 2 IDs, 1 was Simon the moderator.
The other was 1 I used if I wanted to post a reply a bit more, erm, forthright shall we say, than would be acceptable as a mod’, among other things.
These days Ive let it drop. If I want to be controversial, I will be. Observe this field where I grow my [zb]s, you will see it is barren.

Some members may use an extra ID as a troll ID. Some may not.
We will decide if a troll ID needs banning or whatever. If it comes to our attention that a troll has another ID, that’ll be banned, or whatever, as well. Trolls usually slip up at some point, when they do, they go. Simple.
If we find no reason to ban an ID, then why do you care that someone uses 2 different ID’s? It doesn’t affect you in any way.

Simon:
The other was 1 I used if I wanted to post a reply a bit more, erm, forthright shall we say, than would be acceptable as a mod’, among other things.
These days Ive let it drop. If I want to be controversial, I will be. Observe this field where I grow my [zb]s, you will see it is barren.

We will decide if a troll ID needs banning or whatever. If it comes to our attention that a troll has another ID, that’ll be banned, or whatever, as well. Trolls usually slip up at some point, when they do, they go. Simple.
If we find no reason to ban an ID, then why do you care that someone uses 2 different ID’s? It doesn’t affect you in any way.

I always suspected mods had multiple accounts in here,some of the troll accounts went too far being condescending & patronising,those berks who were untouchable etc,they were left to spam and chat guff for views and post counts probably for sponsors revenue etc etc.
Thank you for admitting it :laughing:

Beetlejuice:

Simon:

I always suspected mods had multiple accounts in here,some of the troll accounts went too far being condescending & patronising,those berks who were untouchable etc,they were left to spam and chat guff for views and post counts probably for sponsors revenue etc etc.
Thank you for admitting it :laughing:

Admitting it? You think I had something to hide? And you think my alternative ID was known by anyone else?
That just shows how paranoid you are.
As far as I’m aware, nobody, especially the other mods, knew my alternative ID was me :laughing:
I tend to write in a particular style, which I’m sure was evident under my alternative ID as well. But nobody picked me up on it, not even other posters like you.

Beetlejuice:
they were left to spam and chat guff for views and post counts probably for sponsors revenue etc etc.

Complete and utter rubbish.

As long as a poster stays within the rules, they can post what they like, you included.
We all have the options of reading the post or not. We all have the option of replying to a post, to agree or disagree, whichever you want, as long as you remain within the rules also. How much weight other posters give to your argument for or against, depends on how much respect other posters give to you from your previous posts plus the present on. Obviously I don’t give much weight to your opinions. Even so, I’m using my time to try and straighten out some misconceptions you seem to hold.
There is a final option every member except mods’ have, that is to tag another member as ‘foe’, or friend. Posts by someone you have tagged as foe will not be seen by you. If someone else quotes them, you will see what is quoted.
Mods can’t use this option because we have to be able to read all posts by everyone, even when we know the poster is an A grade idiot and would love to not even see what [zb] they’ve posted this time. You haven’t reached that point yet btw.

@dieseldave you have PM.

Why moderate and also have a ‘spare’ account to be more ‘yourself’?

I genuinely feel sorry for folk who cannot be honest. I’m an honest chap, I’ve done many wrong things in my life and as I get a little older I try to reduce my poor choices.

But self pride & respect from others (either physical folk or internet ‘mates’ such as this place) can never come from sitting on the fence. If you want to say something, then say it & face the music.

eagerbeaver:

I genuinely feel sorry for folk who cannot be honest. I’m an honest chap, I’ve done many wrong things in my life and as I get a little older I try to reduce my poor choices.

But self pride & respect from others (either physical folk or internet ‘mates’ such as this place) can never come from sitting on the fence. If you want to say something, then say it & face the music.

Got to agree Beav,.as I keep saying on here,‘Its a forum not real life’ :bulb:
, I think it’s an insecurity thing with some of them,.they would not dare say to somebody’s face some of the stuff that they bandy around on here on a keyboard.
Me personally on this forum over the years I’ve had numerous examples of abuse (water of a ducks thingy btw :smiley: ,.and maybe sometimes justified. :laughing: ) and even…wait for it.

one threat of violence. :open_mouth: :laughing:
Yeh seriously, I was worried to bits for weeks btw. :wink: :laughing:

Me?..I have a rule to myself that I say nothing on here that I would not say to some stranger in real life (that’s why I have a flat nose and a cauliflower lug btw :laughing: )

You know me in real life away from this forum Beav, so you know I ain’t talking crap, but I (like you ) do not need a multi I.d to put a point across, I just say what I think, even when I know that anybody with an ounce of initiative could suss out who I really am in real life, as you once pointed out to me yourself, if they were sad enough to be so bothered…but I ain’t. :bulb: :laughing:

robroy:

eagerbeaver:

Got to agree Beav,.as I keep saying on here,‘Its a forum not real life’ :bulb:
, I think it’s an insecurity thing with some of them,.they would not dare say to somebody’s face some of the stuff that they bandy around on here on a keyboard.
Me personally on this forum over the years I’ve had numerous examples of abuse (water of a ducks thingy btw :smiley: ,.and maybe sometimes justified. :laughing: ) and even…wait for it.

one threat of violence. :open_mouth: :laughing:
Yeh seriously, I was worried to bits for weeks btw. :wink: :laughing:

Me?..I have a rule to myself that I say nothing on here that I would not say to some stranger in real life (that’s why I have a flat nose and a cauliflower lug btw :laughing: )

You know me in real life away from this forum Beav, so you know I ain’t talking crap, but I (like you ) do not need a multi I.d to put a point across, I just say what I think, even when I know that anybody with an ounce of initiative could suss out who I really am in real life, as you once pointed out to me yourself, if they were sad enough to be so bothered…but I ain’t. :bulb: :laughing:

Being internet celebs mate, it’s a cross we must bear :laughing:

I would find it fascinating though to meet most if not all the folk on here. There are some very experienced people on here with a variety of experiences and some quick wits too. Obviously the highlight for them would be to get to meet me, but you have already been blessed with such fortune you lucky sausage.

Speaking of food, you have gone very quiet again recently pal. Lost yer wallet again?.. :unamused: