Drink driving and o licence

This came up in my news feed this morning spaldingtoday.co.uk/news/hg … l-9307165/. Not commenting on his treatment just a question for those in the know… if a driver gets stopped for drink driving in his own car on his own time would it affect his employers O licence?

cooper1203:
This came up in my news feed this morning spaldingtoday.co.uk/news/hg … l-9307165/. Not commenting on his treatment just a question for those in the know… if a driver gets stopped for drink driving in his own car on his own time would it affect his employers O licence?

Not sure of the exact scope and limits of the repute requirement.
But I’d guess that summary dismissal of the offender would be a defence against any potential implications to the repute requirement to be on the safe side.Bearing in mind that drink driving and dangerous driving are criminal offences not motoring offences.It’s obvious that his employment as a driver is untenable regardless.

They’re going to get banned for drink driving so that person would be an ex-driver. :laughing:

However, the nominated TM is legally obliged to report the drink driving offence to the TC as the driver was at the time of the offence employed by the company who held the O-licence. The TC will want to know how the incident was handled.

So, it does affect the O-licence, but if handled correctly, the O-licence holder need not be excessively penalized. However, I’d expect them to be told they need to implement some kind of policy to make sure this doesn’t happen during work times, because if someone is driving their car and claiming they didn’t know how long alcohol stays in your system, then what’s to stop them driving their truck with excess alcohol in their system? That’s how the TC will think.

So if this guy’s former workmates find in the future they’re subjected to random breath testing, then they know who’s to blame.

Getting points on your licence, eg speeding - in your own car on your own time - also has to be reported to the TC.