Glasses help , not drinking but seeing type

Well it’s that time again for my biyearly eye test :frowning: and I know my eyes have got worse
I was thinking of getting varifocals as I’m hacked off keep taking my driving glasses off to see paper work or use VBS key board
Also thinking I may have to go to FT wearing as well
Any use varifocals either FT wearing or when driving ?

blue estate:
Well it’s that time again for my biyearly eye test :frowning: and I know my eyes have got worse
I was thinking of getting varifocals as I’m hacked off keep taking my driving glasses off to see paper work or use VBS key board

Yep, absolute God send,.I even got varifocal sunglasses made.
I.wear glasses for driving,.and should really wear em all the time…but my excessive vanity stops me. :blush: :laughing:

robroy:

blue estate:

Yep, absolute God send,.I even got varifocal sunglasses made.
I.wear glasses for driving,.and should really wear em all the time…but my excessive vanity stops me. :blush: :laughing:

Thanks Rob ,

Varifocals myself. Had sunglasses as well.
Made a massive difference.
Highly recommended.

Varifocals here too.
They do take a bit of getting used to, to look from road to tacho if above your head you may need to move your whole head, so that the “close focus” area of spectacles at the bottom of the lens is used, rather than moving your eye-ball to look through the upper “distance” part of the lens, but after a while you will adapt to that.
The benefits are worth a few days of getting used to them.

Franglais:
Varifocals here too.
They do take a bit of getting used to, to look from road to tacho if above your head you may need to move your whole head, so that the “close focus” area of spectacles at the bottom of the lens is used, rather than moving your eye-ball to look through the upper “distance” part of the lens, but after a while you will adapt to that.

This^^^

I need to wear glasses at all times, so my varifocals have three ‘distances’ in the lenses.

1. Distance
  2. Computer screen
  3. Reading

I use a hinged clip-on polaroid for sunglasses cos I found that to be the cheaper option.

The only little issue I have is when coming downstairs because you can’t help looking the the reading part of the lenses, so I’d advise caution. Going upstairs is no problem though. :smiley:

dieseldave:

Franglais:
Varifocals here too.

This^^^

I need to wear glasses at all times, so my varifocals have three ‘distances’ in the lenses.

1. Distance
  2. Computer screen
  3. Reading

I use a hinged clip-on polaroid for sunglasses cos I found that to be the cheaper option.
The only little issue I have is when coming downstairs because you can’t help looking the the reading part of the lenses, so I’d advise caution. Going upstairs is no problem though. :smiley:

I can get up upndown stairs OK.
My issue is remembering why Im going upn`down them.

Franglais:

Same here, sometimes. :blush: :blush:

dieseldave:

Franglais:

Same here, sometimes. :blush: :blush:

Only have that issue after a few cans of apple juice :wink: :blush:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i’m the same, and i live in a bungalow… :open_mouth:

m.a.n rules:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i’m the same, and i live in a bungalow… :open_mouth:

:unamused: :laughing: :laughing: