Not PIE

Summat lighter, so no pies.
Pi day is 14th March. Yes, everything seems to have it`s own day, even π.
Matt Parker is car drifting…if only they taught maths at school this way!
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZbUyS2IRMo

Edit, of course, this gives an opportunity for our resident experts to correct the video by explaining where Parker is going wrong.

Ironically it might be a figure which originates from some sort of higher intelligence whether alien or earth based.
Ultimately it could be a space/time navigation tool which is used to plot and compensate for the curvature of space.
In a similar way that the shortest distance from one side of the Earth to the other is a curve not a straight line.
We also know that PI is needed to calculate the circumference/length of a circle/curve.
My guess is that one day they might find out that it needs to be applied as a correction factor to the supposed ‘red shift’.
Who knows.

I clicked on this thread in some trepidation.
PIE was a somewhat dubious organisation, supported by some rather peculiar lefties.

I have a link for a Johnathan Pie video posted yesterday, but it would take Franglais thread off topic so I will resist.

Juddian:
PIE was a somewhat dubious organisation, supported by some rather peculiar lefties.

News to me! Google here I come.

njl:
I have a link for a Johnathan Pie video posted yesterday, but it would take Franglais thread off topic so I will resist.

Its Bullys Bar…off topic is what happens. :smiley:

Juddian:

Awful.

Franglais:

njl:

youtube.com/watch?v=jXqVGtxFppQ

Does contain swearing

njl:

Franglais:

njl:

youtube.com/watch?v=jXqVGtxFppQ

Does contain swearing

:smiley:
That would find a bigger, and well deserved, audience on the Beeb/Lineker thread

I thought it was about Pies! :grimacing: It was British pie week last week 7th March-13th March so as I’m chief cook & bottle wash in the household I thought it would be rude not to bake one. Steak & onion Pie & it was bootiful if I say so meself.
british-pie-week.co.uk/

Carryfast:
Ironically it might be a figure which originates from some sort of higher intelligence whether alien or earth based.
Ultimately it could be a space/time navigation tool which is used to plot and compensate for the curvature of space.
In a similar way that the shortest distance from one side of the Earth to the other is a curve not a straight line.
We also know that PI is needed to calculate the circumference/length of a circle/curve.
My guess is that one day they might find out that it needs to be applied as a correction factor to the supposed ‘red shift’.
Who knows.

Supposed “red shift”? Are you for real?

Zac_A:

Carryfast:
Who knows.

I liked the reference to “higher intelligence”, it leaves the field wide open, dunnit?
Or is he hinting that since he doesn`t understand it , only an alien can?

Zac_A:

Carryfast:
Who knows.

It ‘would’ obviously be supposed if it’s at some point found that all the distance calculations based on it are off.Because the light in question has reached us via an extended curved/circular route from what is actually a much closer point to us in space/time.
PI is obviously the factor required to deduce the length of the circumference/periphery of a curve ?..
Or in this case obviously the amount to be subtracted from the figures that the shift ‘appears’ to show ?.The further away it is obviously the longer/further the curve through space that it travels to get here.
Bearing in mind admissions that observations of the distant universe don’t seem to be in line with the theories.

Juddian:

“Pacific Intermountain Express ?”

A college professor is hosting a visitor from another college. He takes him out for a drink in an off campus bar. The visitor is a boastful PITA, and his host gets peed off with his bragging about his college and students.
When the visitor goes off to the toilet, the prof calls over the blonde waitress and says “Ill give you a fiver if you help play a joke on my friend, When you serve the next round, Ill ask you a maths question and you reply one third x cubed. OK?”
“Sure, one third x cubed”
The visitor returns and the conversation resumes, as they order another round of drink.
As the waitress walks away to fetch the round, the prof says “Hell, I bet even that blonde knows as much as your students”
They both put a ten pound note on the table, and wait for the waitress.
Host " Thanks, miss… Hey, do you know the indefinite integral of x squared?"
She smiles and hesitantly says “Ummm…one third x cubed?”
The prof smiles, and reaches towards the money,
She confidently says “plus a constant”…and takes the £20.

Gidders:

Juddian:

“Pacific Intermountain Express ?”

Sadly nothing so innocent.
■■■■■■■■■■ Information Exchange.

Yes seriously, you can look them up, a notorious group that somehow managed to keep going almost openly for over a decade.

The acronym still stands out in ones mind, how the hell did the powers that be not send vans loaded to bursting point with bloody great coppers to bust the swine’s heads, just who was involved?

This is proper Pie, I like him, I suspect Franglais will like him too. Yes it’s satirical but he speaks a lot of sense.

Warning, bad language contained within

youtu.be/Gljtvwhcdhc

the maoster:
This is proper Pie, I like him, I suspect Franglais will like him too. Yes it’s satirical but he speaks a lot of sense.

youtu.be/Gljtvwhcdhc

I like that guy, good find mate… :laughing:
As for Frangers, he may have mixed feelings I reck, in a ‘‘Don’t diss the Covid’’ type stylee… :smiley:

Carryfast:

Zac_A:

Carryfast:
Who knows.

It ‘would’ obviously be supposed if it’s at some point found that all the distance calculations based on it are off.Because the light in question has reached us via an extended curved/circular route from what is actually a much closer point to us in space/time.
PI is obviously the factor required to deduce the length of the circumference/periphery of a curve ?..
Or in this case obviously the amount to be subtracted from the figures that the shift ‘appears’ to show ?.The further away it is obviously the longer/further the curve through space that it travels to get here.
Bearing in mind admissions that observations of the distant universe don’t seem to be in line with the theories.

It’s already been clearly established that wherever it is you get your “knowledge” of astrophysics, it’s not from the same place that the rest of us do (see multiple posts on Venus, Mars, and CO2).

I’m curious why someone who clearly has no scientific training continues to pontificate on matters they cannot fully comprehend.

Red shift is real and verifiable, as is the Doppler effect.
scitechdaily.com/astronomy-astr … -redshift/

robroy:

the maoster:

youtu.be/Gljtvwhcdhc

I like that guy, good find mate… :laughing:
As for Frangers, he may have mixed feelings I reck, in a ‘‘Don’t diss the Covid’’ type stylee… :smiley:

Yep. Lot of truth said there.

“…clear about this our last prime minister blew a 30 billion pound hole in the economy overnight test and traced cost us 37 billion pounds useless PPE wasted 8.7 billion pounds which ended up in the pockets of Tory donors a shambolically executined brexit lost as 40 billion tax revenue alone Richie sunac lost 11billion pounds by overpaying interest…”

But hey, Gordon Brown cost us 5 billion quid, so Labour can`t be trusted.

Zac_A:
I’m curious why someone who clearly has no scientific training continues to pontificate on matters they cannot fully comprehend.

Go on…shall we tell him about i ?