Lineker and the BeeB

Well looks like the BeeB forcing Lineker off air over his comments about Bravermans plan has back fired :laughing:
All the sports commentators have refused to do their shows today throwing the schedule in to disarray
Ian Wright has said if they sack Lineker he will go as well
Ex director general and ex FA boss Gregg Dyke has said the Beeb are wrong as well
The BBC should be disbanded now as it’s useless

MOTD is going ahead without any pundits, I for one can’t stand Lineker.

Sent from my SM-T976B using Tapatalk

I don’t give a rats ■■■ about MOTD, I don’t give a rats ■■■ about Lineker or his views. I will defend his right to air his views though regardless of whether or not i share them. I pay my compulsory tax to the BBC and as a shareholder I wasn’t consulted by the BBC before they made their arbitrary decision.

The very act of paying someone millions of pounds and putting them in front of a live tv camera points to a tacit acceptance that you expect them to air their views, granted the Beeb want him to air his views on football, but the Beeb are displaying imo shocking double standards by willingly ticking every single diversity box when selecting their presenters, but then attempting to gag them.

Carry on Gary I say. Personally I think you’re a woke nob, but you’re entitled to your wokeness

I always turn the volume off when those idiots start spouting there drivel , good riddance

The BBC are obliged to be political party unbiased and it’s in their rules that high profile employees like Lineker remain unbiased as far as politics is concerned, he must know the rules but seems to think that he’s above them so he should go.

Regardless of whether Lineker stays or goes his colleagues who have refused to work should be sacked from the BBC, their loyalty should be to the viewers who pay their wages not another overpaid presenter.

Having said that, given the circumstances in which the current BBC boss was employed there does seem to be a bit of hypocrisy going on :unamused:

tachograph:
The BBC are obliged to be political party unbiased and it’s in their rules that high profile employees like Lineker remain unbiased as far as politics is concerned, he must know the rules but seems to think that he’s above them so he should go.

Regardless of whether Lineker stays or goes his colleagues who have refused to work should be sacked from the BBC, their loyalty should be to the viewers who pay their wages not another overpaid presenter.

Having said that, given the circumstances in which the current BBC boss was employed there does seem to be a bit of hypocrisy going on :unamused:

It is in the rules that news/current affairs presenters are careful in what they post. It isnt so, or certainly hasnt been so ion other areas.
Lord Alan Sugar, presenter of The Apprentice has certainly directly Twitted about how people should vote in generakl election and in referendum. He had no action against him, so far as I know.
In both cases the presenter was using media out side of their BBC job. Neither did it on air.

The presenters who are withdrawing, are defending the right of free speech, I think, not Lineker himself.

Free speech went years ago , other presenters on other sports channels have been sacked for saying what they thought.

No solidarity there then.

Politics SHOULD be kept out of sport plain and simple.

Losing Lineker and his cronies won’t be a Hugh loss.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

rearaxle:
MOTD is going ahead without any pundits, I for one can’t stand Lineker.

Sent from my SM-T976B using Tapatalk

Me either.
Haven’t watched in decades.

rearaxle:
Free speech went years ago , other presenters on other sports channels have been sacked for saying what they thought.

I think it’s because the DG is a Tory puppet donor

rearaxle:

Lineker wasn`t talking about his views on a sport programme.
It was comment made outside of his work.
He risks being sacked from his job, because he spoke out against the Gov.

Franglais:

He didn’t just speak out against the government he compared the illegal migrants policy to what ■■■■ Germany would do in the 1930s.

tachograph:

Franglais:

He didn’t just speak out against the government he compared the illegal migrants policy to what ■■■■ Germany would do in the 1930s.

So?
If he had said the Gov were great, or just mildly criticised them, he wouldnt have been called in? IDoesnt that prove it is pure censorship?
And he didnt compare the policy to the ■■■■s, he compared the language used to those times.
And IMHO Braverman and others have been using inflammatory words.

blue estate:

rearaxle:

I think it’s because the DG is a Tory puppet donor

So, don`t close down the Beeb. Get it clean again. Get it out there looking for the facts.
Closing it down is what the Tories want !
Let their mates and donors pump out the heavily biased news coverage they want us to see.

Here is summat on the Beeb worth a quick listen.
Fridays "Any Questions?" had a lot about Lineker, to-days “Any Answers?” had the same. All worth a listen, but especially I recommend a few minutes listen to member of the public calling in at minute 09-00.
bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001k0my
Edited twice to try and fix link

You mention Alan Sugar, he is completely different, he is a member of ‘The Establishment’, those guys are fireproof,.one rule and law for them, one for everybody else…just try crossing 'The Establishment ’ in a court of law, you will get a sentence akin to a murder one.

Sugar is the worst of that crew,.a member of the working class made good., nothing wrong with that btw, but it’s how they react to it…in my view the fact that he uses his title shows him up,.
In the unlikely event of me getting a Lordship or a knighthood :smiley: ,.I would not use it on an everyday basis on principle.
Nothing wrong with bettering yourself a few steps up the social scale, .but the problems start when they forget their roots,.have their heads stuck permanently up their own arse holes,.and believe all their own hype.

What they do not realise is the original ‘gentry’ and upper classes do not accept them as one of their own,.they are still plebs in their eyes and classed as ‘nouveau riche’, so given that their own working class can’t be arsed with them either,.they are blissfully unaware that they are in a state of limbo,.neither one or the other…so basically despite all that ''Lord :unamused: Sugar! ’ can say wtf he likes with no comeback.

Another arse was that Derry Irvine in the 80s,son of a roofer and a waitress, .who had some 18th Century style title, Lord Governor of whatever, or something equally pretentious.
He was being interviewed on tv…,
The guy says.
.'‘Hi, firstly what do I call you, Derry, Sir Derry’?
His reply was…
‘‘You can call me My Lord’’ :unamused:
I’d cut my own balls off before I called any fellow human being…‘My Lord’ ffs.
(Ok I maybe wouldn’t go that far, but you get my drift. :smiley: )

And what of the cancelling of Attenborough`s programme?
The Beeb are frightened of comments from the Gov.
Criticising having ■■■■ in our rivers is apparently political bias??

This isn`t IMHO a reason to get rid of the Beeb, indeed it is a sign that it needs more support from the public. We need to stop political interference in the National broadcaster.
Tories today? Labour tomorrow?
All govs of all parties should ■■■■ out.

The problem isnt the Beeb itself, it is the politically biased appointment of its current boss.

Franglais:
And what of the cancelling of Attenborough`s programme?
The Beeb are frightened of comments from the Gov.
Criticising having [zb] in our rivers is apparently political bias??

This isn`t IMHO a reason to get rid of the Beeb, indeed it is a sign that it needs more support from the public. We need to stop political interference in the National broadcaster.
Tories today? Labour tomorrow?
All govs of all parties should ■■■■ out.

The problem isnt the Beeb itself, it is the politically biased appointment of its current boss.

A small overpopulated Island around double the population density of France is predictably drowning in its own sewage.But obviously not overpopulated enough for some.

Double standards if they had any standards at all.

I don’t watch any live or so called legacy television and haven’t done so for over 10 years now, got fed up with paying for propaganda so stopped watching and stopped paying.

Lineker is fully entitled to his views and to voice them, whatever they may be, i just wish that the left had the same attitude for those on the right who voice their opinions which brings the immediate response from the left (mainstream) of trying to cancel the person concerned.

Lineker gave up his right to say whatever he wants whenever he feels like it when he agreed to accept £1.35 million a year to work for the BBC, he knew what the terms were but it’s become apparent in the past few days that he now thinks he’s so important that he can ignore the conditions he signed up to.

tachograph:
Lineker gave up his right to say whatever he wants whenever he feels like it when he agreed to accept £1.35 million a year to work for the BBC, he knew what the terms were but it’s become apparent in the past few days that he now thinks he’s so important that he can ignore the conditions he signed up to.

When Lineker tweeted about Jeremy Corbyn was he censured?
When Sugar speaks out for the Tories is he censured?
These are not news/current affairs presenters. They are not mixing their BBC job with their political views.

Looks like double standards to me. And a compromised Chairman hasn`t the independence to make any ruling.