Just Stop Oil

I did do some writings in Truck & Driver magazine about the always contentious issue of Just Stop Oil. Be interested to hear others views. Have a great Sunday afternoon all

D80DC6AF-6FCD-4BCD-A859-AFB83C30E5C3.png
Shameless plug - next Drivers CPCs are this Thursday and Saturday,http://www.lorry-driver.com

I remember reading that.It was very well written.And I agree too,we cant just suddenly stop using oil,but we need to try and find alternatives in the long run.But those protests arent the way forward.
I think we need to switch more to nucleur power for the production of electricity.At least it doesnt create greenhouse gases.

Sploom:
I remember reading that.It was very well written.And I agree too,we cant just suddenly stop using oil,but we need to try and find alternatives in the long run.But those protests arent the way forward.
I think we need to switch more to nucleur power for the production of electricity.At least it doesnt create greenhouse gases.

Oh wow, that’s very kind of you to say. I find it hard to judge my own writing

There is no room for compromise.
These useful idiots are trying to impose a dangerous, unaffordable, energy policy on us if not send us back to the stone age.
All based on their personal belief/pretext that CO2, let alone at Earth’s minimum level required to sustain plant life, is going to cook the planet.
Or more often a far left wealth redistribution agenda.Which is why they aren’t protesting outside the Chinese embassy telling China to cease it’s fossil fuel use, including its UK oil and gas imports, immediately.
While having plenty of time to create disruption and afford their energy policy on their DWP benefits.

Sploom:

Nuclear is the most dangerous, expensive, anything but green form of energy in existence.
Greenhouse gas doesn’t get more greenhouse than steam turbine water vapour emissions.
If CO2 was a greenhouse gas Mars would be warmer than Earth.

Sure,I think writing articles ,its not something I would find easy,but to make it intresting to read,that must be the hard part.Also,with Dougie,he edits all the magazine and the articles,but then,I imagine,there isnt the same feedback as you would get if you were doing a speech in a crowded room,if that makes sense…

I recall from m,any years ago truck drivers in dispute blocking Dover port and rolling road blocks on motorways.I don’t recall police oficers enquiring after their welfare or offering cups of tea. I also recall extremely vindictive treatment by the authorities in some cases, unlike our middle class champagne revolutionaries.

Good read thanks, The Stop Oil Protesters up before the court seem to have found a sympathetic judge for their cause. airqualitynews.com/2023/02/17/j … in-things/

Ahh Truck & Driver mag.
I bought T&D since it first came out, still got some very early editions up on loft somewhere.
It got to the stage latterly where I just lost more and more interest in it, but still bought it but only for the big crossword.
I.was flying off somewhere about 3 years ago, and bought it for crossword to do on the flight, to discover they had stopped doing em.
Was totally disgusted :smiley: and never bought a one since.

robroy:
Ahh Truck & Driver mag.
I bought T&D since it first came out, still got some very early editions up on loft somewhere.
It got to the stage latterly where I just lost more and more interest in it, but still bought it but only for the big crossword.
I.was flying off somewhere about 3 years ago, and bought it for crossword to do on the flight, to discover they had stopped doing em.

Cool story bro……

switchlogic:

robroy:
Ahh Truck & Driver mag.

Cool story bro……

:laughing: Yep felt the need to share it. :sunglasses:
It’s the sort of random stuff I do, beer fuelled after a day in the pub watching football. :blush:

Carryfast:

Sploom:

Nuclear is the most dangerous, expensive, anything but green form of energy in existence.
Greenhouse gas doesn’t get more greenhouse than steam turbine water vapour emissions.
If CO2 was a greenhouse gas Mars would be warmer than Earth.

Water isnt a greenhouse gas!
Its CO2 is the problem…

Does anyone on this forum believe the protestors are justified in their actions?

Sploom:

Its CO2 is the problem…

Wow! Have you ever noticed how cloud cover stops overnight frost?

Its CO2 is the problem…

Of course water vapor is a greenhouse gas. It accounts for 60% of the planets greenhouse effects.

Water vapour is a symptom of global warming but its not a cause in itself.Google it,you will see,unless you dont believe in the mainstream scientific view.
In other words,you cant stop global warming by removing water,

Causing disruption on this small collection of rocks will make absolutely no difference to Global Warming or anything else. They would have to go to China and India to make them reduce consumption and their levels of emissions. Will they do that? No, I think not.

Don’t know much about these ‘stop oil’ crusty protestors, usually these type of people are either too rich, too idle, or both, to go out to work,.and disrupt and ■■■■ off those that have to,.so basically I have zero time for them.
If it was up to me they would be removed either by water cannon or machine gun. :imp:

As for official moves and campaigns to reduce emissions, pollution and green issues and the like, by councils, the govt etc, I’m totally convinced being a complete cynic that none of, or at least most of em do not give a flying ■■■■, about it in reality, or at least it is not their main agenda.
Any campaign to reduce this that or the other always has at the least that sting in the tail ,.or at most under pinned on,…a fee or a fine.
So go figure.

Sploom:
Water vapour is a symptom of global warming but its not a cause in itself.Google it,you will see,unless you dont believe in the mainstream scientific view.
In other words,you cant stop global warming by removing water,

Water vapour is also a ‘symptom’ of superheated steam turbine emissions.
It’s also a far better and more effective ‘greenhouse’ gas than CO2.
So your solution is let’s replace the far less effective greenhouse emissions of CO2’ with the far more effective ones of artificially created superheated water vapour.
In addition to the risk of nuclear disaster making much of this small Island uninhabitable and nowhere to run to avoid the nuclear contamination and radiation sickness and cancer ain’t a nice way to go.
While if CO2 is supposedly even a greenhouse gas then you’ll obviously have no problem providing a credible explanation as to why Mars is much colder than Earth.
Bearing in mind that distance from the Sun and atmospheric pressure obviously doesn’t cut it when it suits you in the case of Venus.

robroy:
Any campaign to reduce this that or the other always has at the least that sting in the tail ,.or at most under pinned on,…a fee or a fine.
So go figure.

They don’t need ‘fines’ when they are already hitting us with carbon tax + VAT.
All to reduce a life giving gas that plants recycle into the Oxygen that we breathe.
0.04% CO2 being at the minimum range to sustain that process.
As opposed to freezing Mars’ at 95% CO2 about the same as cooked Venus.Whatever cooked Venus obviously ain’t CO2.