Religious nutter tied in knots

Thanks to my old TN mate Frangers for introducing me to this guy on his ‘Bilge’ thread (thread title… not an opinion btw :laughing: ) James O Brien on LBC…(as soon as Frangers said he wasn’t a fan,.I kinda knew it would float my boat,.being that we normally disagree on everything :smiley: …evening Frangers :wink: :laughing: )

Anyhoo I found this which features one of my favourite pastimes and spectator sports…Showing up ott religious nutters for what they really are, dangerous, bigots and hypocrites. :smiley:

My other TN mate,.Sploom and I ,.had a similar conversation on this forum, but this guy, James O Brien has a far superior knowledge of the Bible to what I ever had,.so was battling on equal terms, and showed this prick on his phone in …right up. :sunglasses:
They all do seem to have a big problem with homosexuality btw,.don’t they. :neutral_face:
just saying.

Check this out.

youtu.be/feFKRrV5ixc

Jeffing brilliant. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i find it bizarre that people believe in ‘god’ in this day and age :open_mouth: okay,there’s easy money for arch bishops and the like who keep on pedalling this nonsense,and i find churches and cathedral’s fascinating places to visit,for their history,but cannot fathom why normal folk still believe. i will be visiting Winchester cathedral this summer…the capital of ‘The Last Kingdom’…Wessex :slight_smile:

carryfast-yeti:
i find it bizarre that people believe in ‘god’ in this day and age :open_mouth: okay,there’s easy money for arch bishops and the like who keep on pedalling this nonsense,and i find churches and cathedral’s fascinating places to visit,for their history,but cannot fathom why normal folk still believe. i will be visiting Winchester cathedral this summer…the capital of ‘The Last Kingdom’…Wessex :slight_smile:

As I’ve said before on here mate, I ain’t got any problem with those who have their beliefs, I was brought up in a Christian family myself, (although I have since distanced myself a long time ago from the beliefs they hold,) as long as they keep those beliefs to themselves,.and get on with their lives alongside them.
It’s the crazy fanatics who bug me, llke the ones who live their whole lives in voluntary oppression,.but worse, who also drag down their poor families with them.
Like the prat on the phone,.quoting verses, .the nutters who dont go for a crap before they check what the Bible says about it, the ones who try and force their beliefs on you when they are about as welcome as Gary Glitter in an orphanage.

The one on the phone was no match for the radio presenter. :smiley:

perhaps i was a bit harsh…but we take my grandson to drama lessons in Leicester most Saturday’s,and there’s always bunches of religious zealots ranting and raving about some god or other :unamused: on the other hand,the Hare Krishna mob are sometimes there…don’t mind them at all :slight_smile: if anyone was into Prog Rock or similar in the early '70’s,you may remember a Krishna style rock band called Quintessence :sunglasses: loved 'em!

Ah religion. Check out this link after you’ve opened yourself a beer. Ricky Gervais ain’t everyone’s cup of Earl Grey but speaking personally and after watching all the series of Afterlife I think that the man is a comic genius. Anyhoo, enjoy….

youtu.be/gv0NFBEMf60

i agree mate, after life was one massive emotional rollercoaster ride also the series in the care home was hilarious, what was it called??.

GOT IT :exclamation: derek…

youtu.be/aKLs4mra_1I

With me,as a Christian ,Titus 3.9.12 covers this issue.You warn a person once,then twice,then you have to give up.
I dont know what stage we are at.
Eternity is forever,this life is so short and over so quickly.Call me a nutter if you must,I only evangelise because of concern for a persons soul.
You might have health,wealth ,a good life or whatever but all these things are not eternal.We enter this world with nothing and leave with nothing.If you reject Jesus Christ,one day,we will meet God face to face and all our sins will be revealed,nothing will be hidden on that day.If you have lived a perfect life then you have nothing to fear but if,like me,you have faults weaknesses,sins,then you need a saviour,Jesus Christ who paid the due penalty on the cross.
There is nothing smug about being a Christian.Its like a beggar telling another beggar where to get food.

Sploom:
With me,as a Christian ,Titus 3.9.12 covers this issue.You warn a person once,then twice,then you have to give up.
I dont know what stage we are at.
Eternity is forever,this life is so short and over so quickly.Call me a nutter if you must,I only evangelise because of concern for a persons soul.
You might have health,wealth ,a good life or whatever but all these things are not eternal.We enter this world with nothing and leave with nothing.If you reject Jesus Christ,one day,we will meet God face to face and all our sins will be revealed,nothing will be hidden on that day.If you have lived a perfect life then you have nothing to fear but if,like me,you have faults weaknesses,sins,then you need a saviour,Jesus Christ who paid the due penalty on the cross.
There is nothing smug about being a Christian.Its like a beggar telling another beggar where to get food.

I rest my case…no further questions. :laughing:
Btw…don’t be ‘‘concerned’’ for me mate,.I’ll.manage just fine. :unamused:
Just concentrate on yourself. :bulb:

You said that last time but now you brought the subject up again!
Yes,of course I have a heart for all souls lost or saved.I already have assurance.
biblegateway.com/passage/?s … ersion=ESV
This Bible verse assures Christians of their salvation.Maybe some people think they arent good enough to get into Heaven,that their lives have been too messed up.There is a verse for that too.
quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/kj … not%20hear.
If you seek God,He will reveal Himself to you.
But maybe you dont want this…I hope thats not the case…

robroy:
James O Brien has a far superior knowledge of the Bible to what I ever had

Courtesy of his team of researchers who’re putting the info on his little screen. :wink:

Doesn’t diminish the fact that (IMO) religious people are inherently mentally unbalanced, so more power to James and his research team. :smiley:

I once asked some other evangelist, rather than our TN home-grown example: What about all the people who lived before JC and therefore didn’t have the “opportunity” to “accept him as their saviour”.

I was told they would get their chance to be born again before the end of the world so they would have their chance to “get it right”. He wasn’t able to say if this event would be phased or if they would all be born simultaneously, to give the same amount of time to each potential candidate.

Nor could he say which of the 73 books of the Bible contained this get-out clause of reincarnation, nor in which of the >150 versions of the Bible it could be found (in as many as 50 different languages).

Naturally the Christian “clock” only starts from October 23, 4004 BC (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ussher_chronology) so it kinda ■■■■■ for the millions of early Homo sapiens who were around back in the beginning, around 200,000 to 300,000 years ago.

It’s doubly pants for the first four or five generations of Sumarians who only just missed the cut off date, having had the lack of foresight to kick off their civilisation in 4100 BC. If only, eh?

Needless to say all the non-Christians were, by default, proper whale-oil-beef-hooked due to the “Thou shalt have no other god but me” rule - yeah, feeling the love there alright :laughing:

Thank God I’m an atheist :laughing: :laughing:

Sploom:
You said that last time but now you brought the subject up again!
Yes,of course I have a heart for all souls lost or saved.I already have assurance.
biblegateway.com/passage/?s … ersion=ESV
This Bible verse assures Christians of their salvation.Maybe some people think they arent good enough to get into Heaven,that their lives have been too messed up.There is a verse for that too.
quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/kj … not%20hear.
If you seek God,He will reveal Himself to you.
But maybe you dont want this…I hope thats not the case…

Utter unadulterated dog sh. :unamused:
Seriously mate,…you need help. :laughing: :laughing:

Zac_A:

robroy:
James O Brien has a far superior knowledge of the Bible to what I ever had

Courtesy of his team of researchers who’re putting the info on his little screen. :wink:

Doesn’t diminish the fact that (IMO) religious people are inherently mentally unbalanced, so more power to James and his research team. :smiley:

I did kinda get that tbh mate, I was speaking generally.
O’Brien from what I have seen of him on you tube does nor come across as a deluded religious nutter by any means.

“Blessed be the cheese-makers”…

Franglais:

You surely ain’t speaking literally are you, I’m assuming you’re referring to manufacturers of all dairy products. :wink:

Anyhow,. I’m off to watch the stonings.
:laughing: :laughing:

Franglais:

I’m off to do some graffiti :laughing:

And no, I’ve haven’t done my ironing yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Im not talking about religion anymore on here,all I get is insults

Sploom:
Im not talking about religion anymore on here,all I get is insults

Galatians 6 : 7. :wink:

Zac_A:
I once asked some other evangelist, rather than our TN home-grown example: What about all the people who lived before JC and therefore didn’t have the “opportunity” to “accept him as their saviour”.

I was told they would get their chance to be born again before the end of the world so they would have their chance to “get it right”. He wasn’t able to say if this event would be phased or if they would all be born simultaneously, to give the same amount of time to each potential candidate.

Nor could he say which of the 73 books of the Bible contained this get-out clause of reincarnation, nor in which of the >150 versions of the Bible it could be found (in as many as 50 different languages).

Naturally the Christian “clock” only starts from October 23, 4004 BC (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ussher_chronology) so it kinda ■■■■■ for the millions of early Homo sapiens who were around back in the beginning, around 200,000 to 300,000 years ago.

It’s doubly pants for the first four or five generations of Sumarians who only just missed the cut off date, having had the lack of foresight to kick off their civilisation in 4100 BC. If only, eh?

Needless to say all the non-Christians were, by default, proper whale-oil-beef-hooked due to the “Thou shalt have no other god but me” rule - yeah, feeling the love there alright :laughing:

Thank God I’m an atheist :laughing: :laughing:

Let me use a little analogy to deal with this.If you have a get out of jail card in monopoly,you dont go to jail even though you deserved it.The next player doesnt have one so he goes to jail.He doesnt complain.Likewise those that do not hear the gospel are punished for their sins.They arent punished because they did not know Chrust