Pop master ends/moves to Greatest hits radio [Merged]

Ken Bruce has quit R2 and going to Greatest hits radio
Ken Bruce to leave BBC Radio 2 show after 31 years bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64305756

Ah well,.I reckon that’s my lot with R2 live.
All I listen to now on that station is Gary Davies 80s show on the I player.

Stand by for his .‘diverse’ replacement, or another woman…Michelle ■■■■ Visage maybe? :unamused: ,… maybe even R2.'s first non binary presenter…I mean, it IS the BBC . :unamused:

robroy:

Stand by for his .‘diverse’ replacement, or another woman…Michelle [zb] Visage maybe? :unamused: ,… maybe even R2.'s first non binary presenter…I mean, it IS the BBC . :unamused:

Firstly the BBC was generally marmite from the point when DJs like Dave Cash and Roger Scott could be found on Capital etc.
While now I couldn’t care less about who is playing the records and jingles.
It’s the music that matters and as usual I mainly only like 1970’s with the best of 60’s and 80’s.So Absolute 70’s is my default choice on DAB which is rubbish compared to proper old school FM.
Often swearing at the amount of adverts and the usual chopping short the best parts of records like Tears for Fears Shout or Eagles Hotel California etc to make room for more bleedin adverts.
I’ve now got so fed up with it that I’m finally looking for a CD recorder to make my own records from the home system at least for use in my own car like I could with cassette tapes.
Now find that they are gradually stopping selling them for obvious reasons.

probably won’t bother with R2 when Kenneth goes :frowning: taking Popmaster with him as well. i wonder if he decided to go,before he was pushed…

The pop master is leaving radio 2 in march.
Another one jumping ship/leaving.
He’s the only one I listen to on radio 2 .
Going to greatest hits radio along with lot of other ex radio 2 presenters.
Can’t see radio 2 getting the listeners when he goes.
God knows what’s going on at the BBC.

edd1974:
The pop master is leaving radio 2 in march.
Another one jumping ship/leaving.
He’s the only one I listen to on radio 2 .
Going to greatest hits radio along with lot of other ex radio 2 presenters.
Can’t see radio 2 getting the listeners when he goes.
God knows what’s going on at the BBC.

The WOKE BBC is getting rid of lots of ageing stars even the bikers cooks etc.
They must offend the entitled brigade…

On another note we all get replaced eventually, Ken has taken it very well!!!

Read somewhere that when theyre leaving they have to sign a disclosure they can never talk about what went on /or what stuff they know .Hed know stuff id bet on it . Theres a helluva lot of covering up once youre big in the media these days ,u watch my back etc

Is Greatest Hits nationwide?
I’ll sometimes listen to Mark Goodier, Pat Sharp, and Simon Mayo.
I can only get it just over the border (where it West Sound radio,) then on the M6 I can get it from around Stafford to about Strensham M5, then again not until Bristol.
Is there an app for it to play through my phone and bluetooth?

robroy:
I can only get it just over the border (where it West Sound radio,) then on the M6 I can get it from around Stafford to about Strensham M5, then again not until Bristol.

Quite a few areas

I haven’t listened to R2 for years, in fact I don’t watch/listen to any BBC content, nor do I pay for a tv licence. The liberal woke brigade have ruined the organisation

Carryfast:

robroy:

Stand by for his .‘diverse’ replacement, or another woman…Michelle [zb] Visage maybe? :unamused: ,… maybe even R2.'s first non binary presenter…I mean, it IS the BBC . :unamused:

Firstly the BBC was generally marmite from the point when DJs like Dave Cash and Roger Scott could be found on Capital etc.
While now I couldn’t care less about who is playing the records and jingles.
It’s the music that matters and as usual I mainly only like 1970’s with the best of 60’s and 80’s.So Absolute 70’s is my default choice on DAB which is rubbish compared to proper old school FM.
Often swearing at the amount of adverts and the usual chopping short the best parts of records like Tears for Fears Shout or Eagles Hotel California etc to make room for more bleedin adverts.
I’ve now got so fed up with it that I’m finally looking for a CD recorder to make my own records from the home system at least for use in my own car like I could with cassette tapes.

£3.99 per month for no adverts
planetradio.co.uk/absolute-radio/premium/

But you would need to play through your phone rather than a DAB.

robroy:

Ken who?..

Just another self promoting, licence fee cash sucking, waaaay past it has-been.

Announce record play record announce record play record announce record play record.

I listen to greatest hits radio most of the time .they just need Steve Wright and they will have the best .

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 5#p2865303
Doubled up on Bullys.

Carryfast:

USB external DVD writer for a PC or laptop from Amazon, between £20 and £30. Ashampoo have a free CD\DVD burning application which you can download and install. It also has the functionality also “rip” CDs to MP3 to allow you to create your own audio CDs.

So not sure where you get the idea these items are not being sold, or are you looking at a different way of doing it. :confused:

Don’t usually get to hear Ken & Pop master as I’m normally sleeping. Still use R2 for Jonny Walkers sounds of 70s & The rock show, Trevor Nelson is alright at 10pm and Bob Harris Country. That’s about it

Colingl:

Carryfast:

USB external DVD writer for a PC or laptop from Amazon, between £20 and £30. Ashampoo have a free CD\DVD burning application which you can download and install. It also has the functionality also “rip” CDs to MP3 to allow you to create your own audio CDs.

So not sure where you get the idea these items are not being sold, or are you looking at a different way of doing it. :confused:

.All that seems like an unfathomable way of doing what a CD recorder does.
Firstly I’ve given up on continuously buying home PC’s/laptops with joke lifespans I just use my phone for the limited computing I need to do.
I also wouldn’t have a clue how to make a PC record all the stuff that goes into and out of my home AV system bearing in mind it is an old amp with no digital inputs and outputs.
I have to put the digital audio output from the cable TV box through a DAC for example.
Even if I had a modern AV amp with digital audio links I guess it still wouldn’t be easy to record anything from it using a computer for an old ■■■■ like me who doesn’t understand MP3 from USB.
While I think that providers like YouTube use encryption of their audio output to stop such recording.
But which obviously doesn’t apply in the case of converting it to analogue through a DAC before reaching the amp and recorder and these greedy zbs know it.In total contravention of fair use/recording laws.
With my luck even if I manage to find something like this

richersounds.com/teac-cd-recorder.html

now I’ll then end up with the problem that newer cars no longer have CDs for similar reasons.IE too easy to circumvent greedy draconian and illegal copyright enforcement and the profits being made by mobile data and music providers.

Ken Bruce slot will be 10am to 1pm and starts 3rd April

Carryfast:

My car radio has built in usb player, I bought a stubby 64gb memory stick, put over 2000 tracks on it and set it to random. I haven’t listened to the radio in over 2 years.