"Baroness " Bra.....

The following rant was brought on by another issue, other self serving, thieving, bustard pieces of ■■■■ are available… :imp:

Google, if you will, Baroness Mone. Funnily enough, for a lady who made her fortune peddling underwear, and being seen in it regularly, that’s not what’s top of the Google list. Top of the list is the thieving that she has perpetuated during the Covid PPE crisis, with help of her conservation government friends.

She has now taken “leave of absense” to “clear her name” (shorthand for "waiting for a bigger scandal to come along, and everybody forget about her…). The woman visited yhe Lords only on a handful of occasions, and voted only around 4 or 5 times since 2017…

"Private Eye"magazine published a long list of “public servants” and MPs a couple of years ago who made millions out of the covid crisis with ppe etc.
Nothing appears to happened since.The rule for these types is keep your head down for a few days and your msm friends will wait for it to blow over.
I wonder who Mone upset for her history to blow up in this fashion.

Gidders:
"Private Eye"magazine published a long list of “public servants” and MPs a couple of years ago who made millions out of the covid crisis with ppe etc.
Nothing appears to happened since.The rule for these types is keep your head down for a few days and your msm friends will wait for it to blow over.

I think Matt Hancock did his bit to put the knife in, his book is being serialised in I think the mail and one bit said she went to him directly to try to get some supply contract approved, though I think that was a different company.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63864192

In my head it plays out along the lines of 'but you think I’m a slimy self serving ■■■■? Here let me show you what xyz has been up to…

njl:
In my head it plays out along the lines of 'but you think I’m a slimy self serving [zb]? Here let me show you what xyz has been up to…

As an aside that was the “friendly” media line all through the Johnson administration.
Having carefully picked holes in all and sundry for years, as soon as their … they stop looking too close and say "Theyre all the same". Which means they dont actually have to show the opposition are bad, just a blanket statement which the fan-boys are happy to repeat.
Yes, there is a slimy self serving **** in power, but we won`t criticise him, because he is our slimy self serving ****!

Companies newly set-up, and with no experience nor expertise, were awarded Gov contracts to supply PPE. Some of that was useless, and is even now in storage costing thousands.

Remember the resignation of Lord Agnew too?
The Gov, and the Chancellor Sunak, were not chasing the millions of our money that disappeared in furlough fraud. The smaller amounts taken by many small people have a whole department to chase them.
But hey! They aren`t company owners, not Tory voters, nor Tory donors.

youtube.com/watch?v=LOyHgfsygFw
theguardian.com/politics/20 … ms-rubbish
youtube.com/watch?v=M6EkwHZ95H0

Anybody in 2022 that has the title ‘Baroness’ , an accolade that belongs in the 18th Century does not even come on my radar.

Presumably, (if not obviously) a member of the untouchable upper classes?
So it will go hand in hand with self serving get rich quick schemes at the expense of the common people…so what’s new here exactly?
Nothing to see I reckon.

And maybe a politician into the bargain ? (CBA to google as I can not summon up the required amount of interest) mostly all in it for themselves, so again…what’s new?

At least it’s a good opportunity for the usual Tory haters on here to fill their boots.surprised ■■■■ Brexit ain’t been mentioned,I’m sure they will find a link somewhere. :unamused:

Me?
Couldn’t really give a toss, there is nothing we can do, these type of people just please themselves whatever,.and have done so since time immemorial.
Too busy watching the football anyway., more important :smiley:

robroy:
Anybody in 2022 that has the title ‘Baroness’ , an accolade that belongs in the 18th Century does not even come on my radar.

So it will go hand in hand with self serving get rich quick schemes at the expense of the common people…so what’s new here exactly?
Nothing to see I reckon.

And maybe a politician into the bargain ? (CBA to google as I can not summon up the required amount of interest) so again…what’s new?

At least it’s a good opportunity for the usual Tory haters on here to fill their boots.surprised [zb] Brexit ain’t been mentioned,I’m sure they will find a link somewhere. :unamused:

Me?
Couldn’t really give a toss, there is nothing we can do, these type of people just please themselves whatever,.and have done so since time immemorial.

For somebody nor giving a toss, or couldn’t care, or can’t see, or not being on radar, you spend a lot of words telling us about it… again.

I bet you clicked on this thread, and are disappointed, because you were expecting a picture of a woman in underwear.

Gidders:

Private Eye is the only paper magazine I still buy almost every month. A perfect blend of humor, satire, and a beady Eye on those in power, big business, and general never do Wells.

That list was actually earlier this year. Sobering, to see how individuals are allowed to defraud the public at a truly biblical scale.

The current issue has a “cut out and keep” 10 item list of 10 reasons why we should still hate Matt ■■■■■■■… a truly, truly slimeball of such proportions, he makes Jimmy Savile look decent.

the nodding donkey:

robroy:

Nothing to see I reckon.

And maybe a politician into the bargain ? (CBA to google as I can not summon up the required amount of interest) so again…what’s new?

At least it’s a good opportunity for the usual Tory haters on here to fill their boots.surprised [zb] Brexit ain’t been mentioned,I’m sure they will find a link somewhere. :unamused:

Me?

For somebody nor giving a toss, or couldn’t care, or can’t see, or not being on radar, you spend a lot of words telling us about it… again.

I bet you clicked on this thread, and are disappointed, because you were expecting a picture of a woman in underwear.

First paragraph…Good point well made.

Thing is ND, when somebody gets into a strop over something that they/we have no control or say over,.I like to play the game you yourself invented, mentioned and introduced me to, of ‘‘Drama Queen Bingo’’. :smiley:
if only to bring things back down to earth,.and redress the balance, to stop people getting carried away with trivialities… :bulb:
That is why me and Frangers often have our (friendly) debates.

Ok fair enough sometimes I do get a bit verbose in trying to explain myself,.that’s just how I am. :blush:

Second paragraph…
Deadly accurate. :smiley:

robroy:
Thing is ND, when somebody gets into a strop over something that they/we have no control or say over,.I like to play the game you yourself invented, mentioned and introduced me to, of ‘‘Drama Queen Bingo’’.
if only to bring things back down to earth,.and redress the balance, to stop people getting carried away with trivialities…

Trivialities?
Here is the story to date:
theguardian.com/uk-news/202 … pe-scandal
Follow the embedded links for more detail.

For those with the attention span of a goldfish:
A company was set up after the start of covid and after a “fast track for mates” lane was announced.
The new inexperienced company got a 122 million quid deal to supply PPE.
The PPE as supplied, is unusable rubbish. (Meanwhile experienced companies in the UK, without mates in the Gov, were exporting good quality PPE)
The PPE cost 46 million from the factory, another 65m is known profits.
Apparently breaking even the rules of the “unlawful” fast track for mates scheme, Mone received over 27 million in her/family accounts.

Mone was born into a poor Glaswegian family. She created successful businesses.
When she was poorer she supported Labour, when she was richer she supported Conservatives.
She was given her Peerage in 2015 by Cameron because…? She has made 5 speeches, and not spoken at all for two and a half years.

A Peer apparently using influence over currently serving MPs, and gaming the system to gain millions for herself, whilst failing to supply safety equipment the country needed is …“trivial”?
Go read a dictionary.

robroy:

Nothing to see I reckon.

And maybe a politician into the bargain ? (CBA to google as I can not summon up the required amount of interest) mostly all in it for themselves, so again…what’s new?

Me?

Hang on you were ready to hang, draw and quarter any immigrant cos he gets £40 a fortnight, yet the Bra takes 200 million for useless PPE and givers herself 65 million and its “turn on the footie eh?”

@ Franglais.
You lay yourself wide open every time mate.
I can always tell when I’ve got under your skin when you resort to childish jibes like the latest.m ‘attention of a goldfish’ ‘go read a dictionary’ :unamused:
I mean c’mon ffs,.adults or children.
Oh yeh,.and the one I use on my latest signature. :smiley:

If I was prepared to discuss all this pointless crap with you my retort would be …‘‘It was down to people like yourself who were taken in hook line and sinker with the Covid thing,.and who continue to perpetuate it,.so it’s Obsessives and gullible like yourself that were the catalyst for this latest example of corruption amongst the upper classes’’ so deal with it, things like this will never change.

If you are going to get your thong in a twist yet again over something none of us have any say or control over, go and run for office, instead of coming over on here your usual superior armchair politician stance.

Note…no childish jibes or insults aimed at you, only relavant observations.

JeffA:

robroy:

Nothing to see I reckon.

Me?

Hang on you were ready to hang, draw and quarter any immigrant cos he gets £40 a fortnight, yet the Bra takes 200 million for useless PPE and givers herself 65 million and its “turn on the footie eh?”

Aye if you like. :neutral_face:
As for an update on your beloved …‘‘troubled refugees in plight’’
In MY locality, a little girl in.Asda was attempted to be lured away by 2 foreign looking gentlemen of around 25 years old, who were seen hurrying back after being challenged, and who spoke no English,…towards a local hotel, that just happens to be housing illegal.entrants.
Now yes that does concern me more than Ann Summers embezzling a few quid.tbh.

robroy:
@ Franglais.
You lay yourself wide open every time mate.
I can always tell when I’ve got under your skin when you resort to childish jibes like the latest.m ‘attention of a goldfish’ ‘go read a dictionary’ :unamused:
I mean c’mon ffs,.adults or children.
Oh yeh,.and the one I use on my latest signature. :smiley:

If I was prepared to discuss all this pointless crap with you my retort would be …‘‘It was down to people like yourself who were taken in hook line and sinker with the Covid thing,.and who continue to perpetuate it,.so it’s Obsessives and gullible like yourself that were the catalyst for this latest example of corruption amongst the upper classes’’ so deal with it, things like this will never change.

If you are going to get your thong in a twist yet again over something none of us have any say or control over, go and run for office, instead of coming over on here your usual superior armchair politician stance.

Note…no childish jibes or insults aimed at you, only relavant observations.

I apologise unreservedly.

robroy:
Thing is ND, when somebody gets into a strop over something that they/we have no control or say over,.I like to play the game you yourself invented, mentioned and introduced me to, of ‘‘Drama Queen Bingo’’.
if only to bring things back down to earth,.and redress the balance, to stop people getting carried away with trivialities…

Trivialities?
Here is the story to date:
theguardian.com/uk-news/202 … pe-scandal
Follow the embedded links for more detail.

An abridged version:
A company was set up after the start of covid and after a “fast track for mates” lane was announced.
The new inexperienced company got a 122 million quid deal to supply PPE.
The PPE as supplied, is unusable rubbish. (Meanwhile experienced companies in the UK, without mates in the Gov, were exporting good quality PPE)
The PPE cost 46 million from the factory, another 65m is known profits.
Apparently breaking even the rules of the “unlawful” fast track for mates scheme, Mone received over 27 million in her/family accounts.

Mone was born into a poor Glaswegian family. She created successful businesses.
When she was poorer she supported Labour, when she was richer she supported Conservatives.
She was given her Peerage in 2015 by Cameron because…? She has made 5 speeches, and not spoken at all for two and a half years.

A Peer apparently using influence over currently serving MPs, and gaming the system to gain millions for herself, whilst failing to supply safety equipment the country needed is …“trivial”?
Then we disagree
[/quote]

As I said, nothing there surprises me, what am I supposed to do or say exactly?
As for your apology,.if I thought it was genuine and meant I’d accept it…
But it ain’t so it ain’t. :smiley:

robroy:

Do you agree that those who are in Westminster to serve us are actually doing wrong by their apparent actions?

Franglais:

robroy:

Do you agree that those who are in Westminster to serve us are actually doing wrong by their apparent actions?

Ffs man,.what are you trying to prove exactly how many more times. :unamused:
I’ve told you repeatedly I do not, nor never have trusted politicians of any persuasion, the majority of them are self serving and are bordering on bent, and to go further the ones in your beloved EU especially personify that statement.

robroy:

Franglais:

robroy:

Ffs man,.what are you trying to prove exactly how many more times. :unamused:
I’ve told you repeatedly I do not, nor never have trusted politicians of any persuasion, the majority of them are self serving and are bordering on bent, and to go further the ones in your beloved EU especially personify that statement.

No.
I didn`t ask whether or not the majority of politicians were “self serving and are bordering on bent”.
I was asking about “doing wrong”. Apparently illegal actions, in this case. IE actually “bent”, not bordering on it.

Yes, to determine whether or not a crime has been actually been committed there needs to be investigation and trial, but those who merely roll over and accept “it`s the way it is”, or “they are all like that”, are inviting more of the same.
There will never be any investigation, never be any improvement if those doing wrong are ignored and allowed to get away with it.

I didnt mention the EU once. *And* have never said I love the EU, but lets not go further with that, on this thread at least.

I mentioned the EU once, but I think I got away with it.