World Cup 2022/England World Cup squad

Apologies to anybody who hasn’t got a football passion, and I know I’d be wasting my time saying, not to bother contributing, but if I said that I’d miss the usual ‘‘Non football fan cliche bingo’’ that you get on football related threads off the ‘‘non believers’’ :laughing:
(So I’ll.start it myself with a couple to get them going. :smiley: )
Overpaid/chasing bag of wind/Prima Donna’s etc etc yawn yawn … :unamused: :laughing:

For those who ARE interested, get it, and share the passion…

Any thought’s on the England squad this year?

Who will win do you reckon?

Will we continue our new found success …a semi final.and a final.

(Apart from that what a bloody ridiculous time of year to have it,.I always associate International tournaments with sun, and drinking cold beer in a pub beer garden watching the big screen. :smiley: )

Will they be taking the knee over there and the rest of the other ■■■■■ before games …morals of football eh! Half the international teams would of boycotted it. If thought strongly enough , but no .

How about the excuses for when getting knocked out, too hot, not use to the climate. Brown envelopes were deffo pass around.

Sent from my SM-T976B using Tapatalk

How much does that squeaking, petulant, cross dressing one trick pony get paid to sqeak how nice the world Cup is?

And yes, let’s see how principled these overpaid Prima Donna’s ( hi Rob :sunglasses: ) really are. I’m looking forward to see them removing their shirt after scoring a goal, revealing a rainbow vest… or indeed, taking the knee… They may need a grown up to explain the word ‘principled’…

I prefer to watch the gentlemen with odd shaped balls play, you know, the ones who spend 80minutes trying to convince everybody they’re NOT injured unlike the other lot who seem to roll around like they’ve been shot by a sniper whenever somebody so much as ruffles their hair lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOG47:
I prefer to watch the gentlemen with odd shaped balls play, you know, the ones who spend 80minutes trying to convince everybody they’re NOT injured unlike the other lot who seem to roll around like they’ve been shot by a sniper whenever somebody so much as ruffles their hair lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye it was on in the pub yesterday,.so we ordered our meals to have while it was on, until the football started. :laughing: :wink:
Thanks for the ‘bingo’ contribution btw. :smiley:

Hard to know who will win always has been in the big showcases
It’s usually in the latter stages last 16 or so that the football starts flowing
After the euros expectations are high but you never know they might surprise us all
It will be an experience, new country, new continent, new time of the year, and all held in practical one city

Bigtruck3:
Hard to know who will win always has been in the big showcases
It’s usually in the latter stages last 16 or so that the football starts flowing
After the euros expectations are high but you never know they might surprise us all
It will be an experience, new country, new continent, new time of the year, and all held in practical one city

I suppose the usual suspects are in the frame for winning,.Brazil, Argy, Germany, I see Italy ain’t even in it this time.

As for the England squad, I’d have picked Ivan Tony over Rashford, pleased that Maddinson is going, but why has he picked the likes of Phillipps or Walker, and McGuire, one has hardly had a game since he moved to Man City, the other is injured,.and the other is totally off form and can’teven get a place in his club’s first team.

Anyhow Gareth is an ex player, ex club manager,.and present comparatively successful England manager…,.where as I drive a ■■■■ truck :unamused: ,.so what do I know in comparison… :smiley:

Heard David Beckham sing the praises of Qatar this morning. "Such friendly people, and so many opportunities ". :unamused:

the nodding donkey:
Heard David Beckham sing the praises of Qatar this morning. "Such friendly people, and so many opportunities ". :unamused:

In an ultimatum posted on social media, the comedian also warned Beckham “your status as a gay icon will be shredded” if action was not taken.

If Beckham does pull out of the deal, Lycett said he would donate the money to charities “that support queer people in football” - otherwise he will shred it.

The former England captain has previously been supportive of gay fans and players, but he has been strongly criticised for agreeing to be an ambassador for Qatar in a deal Lycett said is worth £10m - but which other reports have put as high as £150m.

Qatar bans same-■■■ relationships and has a poor human rights record with many football fans saying they will boycott the World Cup.

In the video, Lycett sat at a desk with £10,000 cash and said: "This is a message to David Beckham. I consider you, along with Kim Woodburn and Monty Don, to be a gay icon.

"You’re the first premiership footballer to do shoots with gay magazines like Attitude, to speak openly about your gay fans, and you married a Spice Girl, which is the gayest thing a human being can do.

"But now it’s 2022. And you signed a reported £10m deal with Qatar to be their ambassador during the FIFA World Cup.

"Qatar was voted as one of the worst places in the world to be gay. Homosexuality is illegal, punishable by imprisonment and, if you’re Muslim, possibly even death.

Win outright sky bet

Brazil
4/1
Argentina
11/2
France
6/1
England
7/1
Spain
8/1
Germany
10/1
Belgium
14/1
Netherlands
14/1
Portugal
14/1
Denmark
28/1
Uruguay
40/1
Croatia
50/1
Switzerland
66/1
Serbia
80/1
Mexico
100/1
Poland
100/1
Senegal
100/1
USA
100/1
Ecuador
150/1
Wales
150/1
Japan
200/1
Morocco
200/1
South Korea
200/1
Cameroon
250/1
Ghana
250/1
Iran
250/1
Australia
500/1
Canada
500/1
Qatar
500/1
Costa Rica
750/1
Saudi Arabia
750/1
Tunisia
750/

Golden boot odds

Harry Kane
8/1
Kylian Mbappe
9/1
Karim Benzema
10/1
Neymar
12/1
Lionel Messi
12/1
Cristiano Ronaldo
14/1
Romelu Lukaku
20/1
Lautaro Martinez
25/1
Memphis Depay
25/1
Vinicius Junior
28/1
Richarlison
28/1
Kai Havertz
33/1
Alvaro Morata
33/1
Antoine Griezmann
33/1
Gabriel Jesus
33/1
Raheem Sterling
33/1
Serge Gnabry
40/1
Aleksandar Mitrovic
40/1
Andre Silva
50/1
Bruno Fernandes
50/1
Luis Suarez
50/1
Dusan Vlahovic
50/1
Rafael Leao
50/1
Phil Foden
50/1
Gareth Bale
50/1
Leroy Sane
50/1
Robert Lewandowski
50/1
Ferran Torres
50/1
Karim Adeyemi
50/1
Raphinha
50/1
Cody Gakpo
50/1
Darwin Nunez
50/1
Niclas Fullkrug
66/1
Steven Bergwijn
66/1
Olivier Giroud
66/1
Michy Batshuayi
66/1
Anthony
66/1
Jamal Musiala
66/1
Jack Grealish
66/1
Edinson Cavani
66/1
Sadio Mane
66/1
Thomas Muller
66/1
Julian Alvarez
66/1
Pablo Sarabia
66/1
Kevin de Bruyne
66/1
Eden Hazard
80/1
Steven Berghuis
80/1
Wout Weghorst
80/1
Ousmane Dembele
80/1
Marcus Rashford
80/1
Youssoufa Moukoko
100/1
Luuk De Jong
100/1
Raul Jimenez
100/1
Mason Mount
100/1
Breel Embolo
100/1
Kasper Dolberg
100/1
Bukayo Saka
100/1
Jonathan David
100/1
Mehdi Taremi
100/1
Heung-Min Son
100/1
Christopher Nkunku
125/1
Youssef En-Nesyri
125/1
Andrej Kramaric
125/1
Christian Pulisic
125/1
Dani Olmo
125/1
Kieffer Moore
125/1
Vincent Aboubakar
150/1
Sardar Azmoun
150/1
Takumi Minamino
150/1
Keita Balde
150/1
Hakim Ziyech
150/1
Luka Jovic
150/1
Giovanni Reyna
150/1
Christian Eriksen
150/1
Jordan Ayew
200/1
Timothy Weah
200/1
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting
200/1
Iliman Ndiaye
250/1
Jewison Bennette
250/1
Karim Ansarifard
250/1
Mario Gavranovic
250/1
Wahbi Khazri
250/1
Xherdan Shaqiri
250/1
Enner Valencia
250/1
Kamaldeen Sulemana
250/1
Haris Seferovic
250/1
Hirving Lozano
250/1
Ismaila Sarr
250/1

Good result for England’s first game today :sunglasses:
The pub erupted with ‘‘Footballs coming home’’ at full time…I thought ffs guys it’s only Iran,.don’t get carried away. :laughing:

Holland also won which pleased the Mrs,.(although she was the only one in the pub with an orange Nederland shirt :smiley: ) …can’t wait for an England Holland game if it happens. :smiley:

Good day out, 11am to 8pm, good company, breakfast AND tea in the pub, 2 and a half games (watched first half of Wales game), of football, plenty of (cheap) beer, finished off with a couple of coffees,…what’s not to like. :sunglasses:
Better than a day out in a ■■■■ truck anyway. :smiley:…I lurve my weekly shift pattern sometimes.

Saudi Arabia have just beaten Argentina, one of the favourites, 2-1.

I remember in 1976 when the Saudis decided they wanted to learn how to play football and build the infrastructure to support it.

I was staying in the Hotel to the south side of Chop Chop square, I think it was Jimmy Hill who was the main man, but the hotel lounge was a whose who of England football managers.

I think at the time they had only finished one ground in Jeddah, but still hadn’t finished the changing rooms, so the players changed at the hotel before going to the ground.

I was there for a couple of months and IIRC it was a different team every week, so one day you would be in the lift with Man U players, the next week Liverpool, then Spurs etc. etc.

Running to the Middle East & doing business there meant not much exposure to UK news or football in general, so all I knew was these boys and their managers were the Creme de la Creme of football.

It seems to have worked out for the Saudis and maybe its time to recognise those pioneers from the UK who helped them set the foundations for today’s shock victory

whisperingsmith:
I remember in 1976 when the Saudis decided they wanted to learn how to play football and build the infrastructure to support it.

I was staying in the Hotel to the south side of Chop Chop square, I think it was Jimmy Hill who was the main man, but the hotel lounge was a whose who of England football managers.

I think at the time they had only finished one ground in Jeddah, but still hadn’t finished the changing rooms, so the players changed at the hotel before going to the ground.

I was there for a couple of months and IIRC it was a different team every week, so one day you would be in the lift with Man U players, the next week Liverpool, then Spurs etc. etc.

Running to the Middle East & doing business there meant not much exposure to UK news or football in general, so all I knew was these boys and their managers were the Creme de la Creme of football.

It seems to have worked out for the Saudis and maybe its time to recognise those pioneers from the UK who helped them set the foundations for today’s shock victory

Interesting story mate cheers.
Any other famous names that you spotted spring to mind?

Wish I could remember Rob - maybe some names will come back after a ‘Deep Brain Search’ :confused: :confused: :confused:

Now the Nips have beaten the Krauts.

Harry Monk:
Now the Nips have beaten the Krauts.

Have you just arrived from the 40s Harry? :laughing: :laughing:

Felt a bit sorry for Wales losing today, I was hoping the two home nations would go through, although I imagine that if England win against the USA tonight (and thus go through to the next round), we’ll probably let Wales win when we play them.

Harry Monk:
Felt a bit sorry for Wales losing today, I was hoping the two home nations would go through, although I imagine that if England win against the USA tonight (and thus go through to the next round), we’ll probably let Wales win when we play them.

Let em.win? :open_mouth:
Nooo nooo noo.
Would they let us win?
■■■■ em. :grimacing:

I listened to second half on radio,.all I could think of was this at full time.

youtu.be/qVFUgYfLhZI

Just timed it right to park up and watch it.
No pub tonight, just finished a home made shepherds pie, apple crumble, night heater on, lay on bunk in me undercrackers, tablet set up,.and a couple of cold cans in the fridge…sorted.
Not a bad life being a tramper sometimes. :sunglasses: