Covid

I got a call from mrs saying she’d tested positive for covid , she has to do tests as nhs , she’s off work for 5 days minimum apparently & then has todo 2 tests to see if she’s still got it before returning to work , daughter ( nurse ) rang & said I must inform agency , go home & isolate for at least 5 days
So I’ve not had covid before as far as I’m aware , we don’t think mrs has or tests have all shown negative , daughter has
I’ve just had my booster , so what’s the procedure for lorry drivers ? Rang agency & she just said you finish tonight until next mon so ring us sun

Procedure is don’t get tested don’t tell anybody & crack on when you feel fine :wink:

drover:
Procedure is don’t get tested don’t tell anybody & crack on when you feel fine :wink:

Same as it always was then

drover:

Unless you work for a company that orders you to stay at home for 5 days on full pay. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Drivers at my place ended up going in with full-blown Covid after the restrictions were eased.

If the company you are working for change the policy from paid sickness to unpaid, not a surprising result.

Noremac:
Drivers at my place ended up going in with full-blown Covid after the restrictions were eased.

If the company you are working for change the policy from paid sickness to unpaid, not a surprising result.

Company policy?
Gov policy?

Sick people going into work spread sickness.
Even of they can work OK themselves, some of those they infect will be off sick for weeks, not days.

It costs the company and the country money in the long run.

Oh, and a few extra people will die.
I thought that maybe one or two others might be interested in that too.

dozy:
I got a call from mrs saying she’d tested positive for covid , she has to do tests as nhs , she’s off work for 5 days minimum apparently & then has todo 2 tests to see if she’s still got it before returning to work , daughter ( nurse ) rang & said I must inform agency , go home & isolate for at least 5 days
So I’ve not had covid before as far as I’m aware , we don’t think mrs has or tests have all shown negative , daughter has
I’ve just had my booster , so what’s the procedure for lorry drivers ? Rang agency & she just said you finish tonight until next mon so ring us sun

You need to first panic then exaggerate everything.
Stock up with cans of soup, lock yourselves in the house don’t open the windows incase the germs get out,.and never answer the door.
After a fortnight walk around in a specially made plastic see through tent with a bell around your neck,.shouting ‘‘Unclean unclean’’ ,.then after a week downgrade to a mask… which must be worn at all times even in the outdoors when nobody else is around.
After the symptoms have gone keep wearing your mask for at least 2 more months,.and ignore everybody else who laughs at you.
Keep checking media and government web site,.believe all you are told and conform with everything… no matter how ■■■■ ridiculous it may sound.

Or …

You could just do what the rest of us do, …if you feel rough, have a couple of days off, if not just crack on and let your immune system do the job it was designed for. :bulb:

Thanks all , off for 4 days so will see whether I want next week off or not Sunday

Noremac:

Yep, up to the 30th March this year my place fully paid anyone off with Covid or isolating because of a close contact. From April 1st that reverted back to the standard first 3 days off unpaid so naturally everyone’s attitude changed to what they would do.

It never affected me as I never tested nor got involved with the track and trace so wouldn’t have known either way.

In theory though, if I knew I had Covid or was a “close contact” to someone who had it and wasn’t getting paid then I would assess the situation personally - if I’m well enough to go to work I’m going in, if I’m not I’ll stay at home and recover … just like billions of people all round the world did before March 2020!

Franglais:
Even of they can work OK themselves, some of those they infect will be off sick for weeks, not days.

All fine and well saying that but if you are well enough to go to work why wouldn’t you? We all have mortgages and bills to pay, or are those you are “protecting” going to cover those bills for you?

Sounds harsh buts the reality, you can’t just keep locking perfectly abled and functioning people inside and away from work forever just to protect a very small minority.

tmcassett:

Franglais:

All fine and well saying that but if you are well enough to go to work why wouldn’t you? We all have mortgages and bills to pay, or are those you are “protecting” going to cover those bills for you?

Sounds harsh buts the reality, you can’t just keep locking perfectly abled and functioning people inside and away from work forever just to protect a very small minority.

If youre living from hand to mouth, and cant afford a few days off, (not forever!) I do understand that.
My point was that companies / the Gov not financing this time off will cascade into more days off as some people are more badly affected than the walking wounded who show up to spread viruses Covid, flu, etc, around.
Maybe a false economy to cut sick pay.

Of course there will be a few selfish wee people who game the system, sneeze once and expect a month off.

Apparently most people in UK behaving like it’s all gone away. The Govt gave up trying to stop people being silly. I just love the Brits attitude. :laughing:

Watch out for Omicrons grandchildren though. :wink:

jakethesnake:
Apparently most people in UK behaving like it’s all gone away. The Govt gave up trying to stop people being silly. I just love the Brits attitude. :laughing:

Watch out for Omicrons grandchildren though. :wink:

The Gov has given up trying to govern the country as it tries to govern it`s party.
The survival of the Tory party is much more important than anything to do with the rest of us!

Covid vaccines are doing a great job, but variants are inevitably an ongoing problem.

Government? Do we still have one?
Will Lizzie still have a job at the end of today? :laughing:
How soon until a General Election is on the cards? They seemed to be all the rage with the Tories a while ago

I woke up Monday morning feeling like death. Wife is a nurse so we have tests at home, tested positive. Employer said stay off till you test negative 2 days running. Im now on thursday, just tested positive again, feeling a bit better but today ive lost all sense of smell! (had covid oct 2020 and didnt have that symptom at all, just tiredness).

I was down to work this sunday as OT, so this bout of covid has lost me about 600 quid in lost OT and my waiting days for sick pay etc.

Im planning to go back to work Monday, as I dont feel anywhere as bad now as I did Mon/Tue.

Despite sleeping in same bed, and sitting next to me on sofa wife has tested negative every day including this morning! We both are triple jabbed.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sorry, rolling on the floor here.

Getting a flu jab in the other arm seems to be the best plan going forward (coo management speak), meanwhile the never tested unjabbed get the odd cold like they’ve always done and just carry on cheerfully in whatever passes for normal these days in the nationwide nuthouse.

Juddian:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing:

sorry, rolling on the floor here.

Getting a flu jab in the other arm seems to be the best plan going forward (coo management speak), meanwhile the never tested unjabbed get the odd cold like they’ve always done and just carry on cheerfully in whatever passes for normal these days in the nationwide nuthouse.

I hope you keep laughing Juddian and stay lucky. You like many others don’t seem to understand how serious this could get. You are no youngster I believe and if you do catch it could be worse than just having a wee cold or the flu.
Be honest, do you really not know anyone friend or relative where covid has caused them serious consequences? You must be one of the few if so.
My wife and I had it back in Feb and neither of us suffered too badly but we know plenty who have been really ill and worse.
Let’s just hope none of these variants start heading in the opposite direction.

PS We know three unjabbed who have lost their lives so all I can say is good luck.

What did they ‘treat’ those poor souls with Jake, Midazolam Remdesivir or ventilator.

No i don’t know anyone who died of it (one place i go to regularly had several deaths put down to it, all fully jabbed, the foreign lads there haven’t taken part in the grand expirment and are hearty healthy), the only people i know who were ill with flu like symptoms were the jabbed, often having repeat bouts of colds and flu but branded as convid, lots of positive ‘testing’ going on at places where full sick pay happens.
The unjabbed had the odd cold and flu like symptoms.
I know of several who have various conditions thanks to taking mengele’s proteges medical experiments.

Just out of interest some months back one of the tory back benchers spoke at length raising the issue of speeding up consultation and compensation payments for victims of the experimental jabs (you know the ones, where the makers were granted immunity :unamused: ) who have suffered life changing injuries and in some cases death, one could easily have missed it because the house of ill repute reminded one of the Mary Celeste, somewhat less enthusiastic our caring MPs were than the really important things like the supposed voyeurism of Angele Rayner’s legs.

The best howler is when i hear ‘it would have been much worse if i hadn’t had the jabs’', how exactly do they know, because some shill on the telly or in a mainstream rag told them so and they believed it.

Yes my lady wife and i are no longer in the first flush of youth, but have intact immune systems working as nature intended, we boost it with vits C K and D3 daily, and do all we can to avoid what passes for the health service.
Like millions of others we distrust ex computer salesmen turned medical experts the wef and the govts they have infiltrated the media and a large minority of the higher remunerated of the medical profession luvvies so loved by the mass media, if the flu takes us beating our own immunities so be it, no complaints from the surviving spouse, our choice not theirs to make for us.

dozy:
… said I must inform agency , go home & isolate for at least 5 days

Erm why? The official NHS guidelines are exactly the same if you do or don’t have a positive Covid test now. Try to avoid people in groups and recommends you stay home while you feel ill but no requirement for 5 days or any of that. Oh and avoid visiting people who are vulnerable.

Basically what people have done long before this panic crap when we were told that “coughs and sneezes spreads diseases” in school. Or “we can’t visit your grandparents as you have a nasty cold”…40 years ago. We called it logic and common sense as we knew colds, flu etc could affect older people and those with reduced immunity.

nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir … hat-to-do/

Its not great financially as I’m finding out currently. Started with what’s probably a flu like virus this week so lost a ton of money (SSP after 3 days is crap). Would like to work as I outside and on my own all day, but just not got the energy for such a physical job. No idea what the viruses name is, never asked it.

If you do test positive, its best to do 3 tests about an hour apart. Someone I know did this recently with first being strongly positive…others totally negative. And they are currently ill with summut but god knows what.

Basically…dont panic and just be sensible.