Euro 7 announcement this week

What do you make of this second reading of a private members bill on diesel particulates?
What strikes me is it doesn’t mention anything about it being just for NEW cars! “A date has been confirmed for the second reading of a new Private Members’ Bill aimed at introducing new regulations for testing the level of particulate matter emitted by diesel engines.”

“As a former Chair of the Select Committee on Education, and in much of my other work, I have always believed in pursuing good, evidence-based policies. On air pollution, the experts and the science are crystal clear. The challenge cannot be overestimated,’ Sheerman said. ‘All diesel vehicles need to be fitted with fully functioning and fully operational diesel particulate filters — DPFs. A DPF captures and stores dangerous emissions. If DPFs are not working and are not checked properly, that is how we get the pollution.”
airqualitynews.com/2022/11/16/p … confirmed/

Are we going to be seeing something like this? “A market ready particulate filter retrofit system for passenger cars to avoid diesel emission is pictured in a garage of German exhaust after treatment technology group Baumot in Witten, Germany.”