Queen

Doesn’t sound like good news regarding the Queen. Hopefully not as serious as its looking to be. We don’t often get health updates and what with close family heading to Balmoral, notes being passed around the Houses of Parliament etc it fies seem to paint an unpleasant picture.

Please refrain from speculation and comment on only released information. Whether a royalist or not, I think few can deny that she’s been the figurehead for this country for 70 years and carries more weight globally than most people on the planet and it will be an extremely sad day should there be further bad news.

Agreed

Didnt last long on PDF :unamused:

Should be ashamed of themselves

Why should the mods be ashamed, this has nothing to do with driving so belongs in Bully’s.

I agree with your sentiments regarding the queen though, I’m not much of a royalist but Queen Elizabeth has been a monarch who’s respected the world over.

Charles and Camilla will never command such respect and could bring on the downfall of the monarchy as we know it today.

Sent from my mobile via Tapatalk.

tachograph:
Why should the mods be ashamed, this has nothing to do with driving so belongs in Bully’s.

I agree with your sentiments regarding the queen though, I’m not much of a royalist but Queen Elizabeth has been a monarch who’s respected the world over.

Charles and Camilla will never command such respect and could bring on the downfall of the monarchy as we know it today.

I didn’t mention mods? :confused:

I meant those posting their misguided and premature opinions…

I’ve always said that the only way the monarchy really survives in a meaningful way is if Charles passes it over to William.

toonsy:

tachograph:

I didn’t mention mods? :confused:

I meant those posting their misguided and premature opinions…

I’ve always said that the only way the monarchy really survives in a meaningful way is if Charles passes it over to William.

OK but it did look like you was not happy about this thread being put in Bully’s, I’ve just noticed that some posts about the queen in another thread have been removed, I never read them but I assume that’s what you was referring to.

My apologies for the misunderstanding

toonsy:

Any meaning it retains, is because it is traditional, and follows the old rules.
Picking a more “popular” successor is going the way of electing someone.

For me the monarchy is well past it`s time. No offence to the current Monarch, but the office needs ending.

Plus proper proportional representation, the end of the appointed 2nd chamber, and disestablishment of the church.
And, while we`re at it…

RIP :frowning:

It’s just been announced that Queen Elizabeth II has died.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the royal family she at-least will be missed by many ordinary citizens of the UK, she set an example that few, if any, other members of the royal family will be able to follow.

Sad times. One of those moments where you’ll rememb3r where you were, what you were doing etc.

While it’s sad she’s dead you’ve got to remember she was 96 and had lived a very privileged life a life we can only dream about

What a sad day may she rest in peace will be sadly missed.

End of an era…literally. :bulb:
I ain’t a fan of the Royals by any means, an outdated institution, but even I feel kinda sad about it if I’m honest,.
She did her job with dignity right to the end, which is more than can be said about some of her ancestors …and her present family.
RIP.

mac12:
While it’s sad she’s dead you’ve got to remember she was 96 and had lived a very privileged life a life we can only dream about

Yep, but incidents in history pushed her (and her father reluctantly) into it.
She would have been plain old Princess Elizabeth if it had not been for her randy old Uncle.

The other thing about her reign is that since 1971 when we went decimal, she has been the only Monarch on our currency.

Before then you might have Victoria, Edward, George 5th & 6th + Liz (on pennies mainly) and IIRC George 6 & Liz on 3d bits, Half Crowns, shillings etc.
In a few years time history might repeat itself and we’ll have a similar variety.

I’m no royalist but when you see the consistent integrity of our late queen, you wonder how it is possible for so many politicians to have so little of it.

I was in the local pub when the news broke. I’ve been playing the piano in pubs for well over 50 years but never have I played the National Anthem. I went over to the piano and played it solemnly for the first and last time. It’ll be God save the King from now on. The pub fell quiet but no body stood. No body commented. Times have changed. I was born before the queen was enthroned so now I feel that I’ve seen her through her entire reign. RIP.

EDIT to say that I’ve just received some texts saying how much my rendition of The Queen was appreciated last night so all is not lost! :sunglasses:

ERF-NGC-European:
I’m no royalist but when you see the consistent integrity of our late queen, you wonder how it is possible for so many politicians to have so little of it.

I was in the local pub when the news broke. I’ve been playing the piano in pubs for well over 50 years but never have I played the National Anthem. I went over to the piano and played it solemnly for the first and last time. It’ll be God save the King from now on. The pub fell quiet but no body stood. No body commented. Times have changed. I was born before the queen was enthroned so now I feel that I’ve seen her through her entire reign. RIP.

EDIT to say that I’ve just received some texts saying how much my rendition of The Queen was appreciated last night so all is not lost! :sunglasses:

consistant integrity, are you forgetting that very recently one of her family was accused of serious crimes and she chose to use her power and wealth, that she certainly didnt go out and work for, to shield him from facing justice?

you have a weird idea of what integrity means

Here’s a bizarre thing! I have a bottle of milk in the fridge that’s seen two Prime Ministers & two Monarchs and is still within it’s sell by date. :open_mouth:

chrisdalott:

ERF-NGC-European:

consistant integrity, are you forgetting that very recently one of her family was accused of serious crimes and she chose to use her power and wealth, that she certainly didnt go out and work for, to shield him from facing justice?

you have a weird idea of what integrity means

That’s a fair point, but a basic way and law of nature is for a Mother to protect her young,.which supercedes anything else.
Not condoning it btw the guy is an annoying pompous ■■■■■ (rhymes with ‘once’ but for some reason ain’t allowed on here :neutral_face: ) and he should have been brought down a peg or two., but he’ll continue to think he is fireproof.

I’ve only encountered King Charlie once, 1968 IIRC:-
I was on my way from a bedsit in Pimlico to KEVIII Nautical College at the top of West India Dock road. (Back in my Nautical days)
I was in a Mini and encountered Charlie in a black MGB going round Parliament Square at around 09:00.
From what I experienced the highway code does not apply to the house of Windsor:- the Royal SeaHunt cut me up - but to give him credit he didn’t hit anything.
So although many disparage him for Yoghurt weaving and similar, you would not want to see him in Irish V8 Scania :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: