Protect

Optimum:
What should you do to protect any savings from the ravages of 13% deterioration or whatever inflation is running at?
Gold, equities (shares), property, stable currencies $, euro, Swiss franc, reals?

I’m retired and live very well from previous financial investments.
There are no guarantees you have to be patient, what goes down will always rebound.
Gold has steadily risen over the years and will continue to do so, but you have to buy bullion not stock certificates.
Real Estate has also fluctuated over the years and again looking back the value of a brick has increased, Remembering that the material that makes Bricks is a commodity there is a thought that commodities should be the thing ? However it is a gamble as are all Stock Investments, in fact trading stocks is a legal way to gamble ! But don’t get me wrong providing you choose wisely and don’t panic when fluctuations hit the markets you will generally be ok and come out on top. I would also advise, you do a lot of reading and save until you are competent to invest, And when that time comes open an account where you trade rather than paying a broker !!
You have to be self disciplined and refrain from peeing your savings against the wall.
If you haven’t already, you also need to start saving for retirement, age comes quickly and preparedness is a must.

Its cheaper to carry and make your own meal rather than use a truck stop, and again what you save you can invest

Good Luck.