The LG Chem battery debacle continues!

A Porsche insider whistle blower has said 60% of Porsche Taycans ever sold have had battery issues & have had their battery traction packs replaced. Some have resulted in fires that have been covered up & not appeared in the media. Some peoples garages attached to the house have gone up in smoke too. :open_mouth:
It makes you wonder what was the cause of the fire on the Felicity Ace car transporter ship that sailed from Germany & caught on fire & sank in Feb this year full of VW,Porsche,Audi EV’s :wow:
Jaguar Land Rover have had some 4 fires in their i-pace EV recently that use LG Chem batteries too. GM have recalled all their Chevy Bolt BEV’s which had LG Chem battery packs & replaced them free of charge to customers & given them a new eight year warranty.

youtube.com/watch?v=0ghIahkIVCs

youtu.be/Xlyh6z12zgw

youtu.be/AvSH10BE4ug

youtu.be/XWq-Mq1Uqpw

Followed by the predictable pro EV propaganda that it’s all an acceptable risk nothing to worry about like the nuclear energy to charge them.
They would say that to create their captive market at 50p per kW + VAT.

Even though the electric vehicle is as old as the motor industry, there’s still a lot of development to come before the electric car is as reliable and convenient as the established internal combustion vehicle. In the quest for increased range and quicker charging times, lithium-ion battery technology has been pushed to a point where self-combustion (with associated damage to nearby property/vehicles/lives) becomes a significant factor, so much so that other battery types are now being investigated, reputedly safer but with the trade-off of reduced range and performance. Add to this the shortage of convenient charging points (many of which are out of action when needed) and trained and experienced technicians to look after EVs, and the huge numbers of recalls on electric cars mainly due to battery issues. In my opinion, it’s too early in the game to sink a great deal of hard-earned money into a technology that is still evolving.
If you’ve got an electric car, do me a favour - don’t park next to me, just in case.

fodenway:
Even though the electric vehicle is as old as the motor industry, there’s still a lot of development to come before the electric car is as reliable and convenient as the established internal combustion vehicle. In the quest for increased range and quicker charging times, lithium-ion battery technology has been pushed to a point where self-combustion (with associated damage to nearby property/vehicles/lives) becomes a significant factor, so much so that other battery types are now being investigated, reputedly safer but with the trade-off of reduced range and performance. Add to this the shortage of convenient charging points (many of which are out of action when needed) and trained and experienced technicians to look after EVs, and the huge numbers of recalls on electric cars mainly due to battery issues. In my opinion, it’s too early in the game to sink a great deal of hard-earned money into a technology that is still evolving.
If you’ve got an electric car, do me a favour - don’t park next to me, just in case.

If the batteries don’t get us the nuclear power station explosion and meltdown will.
Fossil fuel is still in demand, like ICE powered vehicles, for a reason cheaper and safer and better.