What are you listening to, tunes old and new

I have a wide taste in music, rock, ballad, pop, folk and country; along with various crossovers, parody/comedic and bagpipes.
Here is an opportunity to share your favorite music. We may all broaden our appreciation.

youtu.be/kcgs5rFQXMw

Tarcutta is the halfway point between Sydney and Melbourne, an ideal venue for a change over point, enabling drivers to return to their hometown each day.
It has also become the home of the Truckie’s Wall of Fame, a memorial to drivers who have been killed on the road and latterly, from other causes.

Wether or not you agree with the political message, it’s a great song.

youtu.be/zNW2XkvaL6U

This one is apparently a true story, written whilst going for a drive with her boyfriend (now husband), and crafted from an oral description of his cousin.

youtu.be/e27KAsn0PA0

Barnesy fronted Cold Chisel, an iconic band from the 70s/80s. No doubt they will appear many times here.

youtu.be/jQn7_EtIhUg

youtu.be/xMauNjr7_ZE

Peter’s hometown, I believe.

In my opinion, the best version of Desparado and the best song by the Eagles.

youtu.be/hhe0ULrAHIw

A very down to earth ballad.

youtu.be/Rq44gBw6II0

Come on you lot, don’t you have music in the northern hemisphere?

Vale Judith Durham, just passed aged 79.

youtu.be/KrLTe1_9zso

Star down under.:

Sorry.I don’t listen to any modern music(since the 1980s).i don’t understand how anyone can listen to rap,hip hop or similar garbage.
My cd collection is what I listen to,preferably heavy rock.It may not be for intellectuals but it suits me.Early rock n roll leading to AC/DC,Deep Purple and on to Iron Maiden and Judas Priest among others.

Gidders:

Star down under.:

Sorry.I don’t listen to any modern music(since the 1980s).i don’t understand how anyone can listen to rap,hip hop or similar garbage.
My cd collection is what I listen to,preferably heavy rock.It may not be for intellectuals but it suits me.Early rock n roll leading to AC/DC,Deep Purple and on to Iron Maiden and Judas Priest among others.

It’s hard to disagree with your comments, although my tastes are a bit more eclectic. Some of the young performers are still entertaining in the traditional ways.

John Williamson is a versatile artist, with skills ranging from serious country/pop to parochial/political and intimate comedic live performances.

youtu.be/gVYqrqQaYEI

youtu.be/GfvlGFVKZw0

C’mon Robroy, I reckon you’d have a tune or six, to share.

as a grizzly old grebo…i should be listening to ac/dc etc…but i got bored with all that stuff years ago.i went to an old timers bike and car show at Mallory Park yesterday…some superb motors,a couple of Dodge Chargers,a Diamond T truck,some nice old bikes…but the music the band was playing…country music i think,and van morrison… :frowning:
much to my friends dismay,i love electro dance,techno and the like… Scooter,DJ Gollum etc :sunglasses: …people groan in my local when i head towards the juke box :laughing:

I am a sucker for jangly guitars, currently listning to Jesus and Mary Chain. This probably started with the Byrds

youtube.com/watch?v=_3a-kPkWLW0

youtube.com/watch?v=eGp47YwDZ48

youtube.com/watch?v=HlYw1NsT_wE

Christ man, music :unamused: … one of my 3 main interests and activities in my life, (apart from the obvious :laughing: ) other 2 being football and WW1 and 2 history.(which ain’t as boring as it maybe sounds btw :laughing: )

Music has always been a big part in my life, my taste varies from one extreme to the other,.anything that is good is good,.and I ain’t ashamed to admit something I like that isn’t ‘‘mainstream cool’’ or ‘‘respected retro’’…
I got a bit of stick on here when I admitted listening to Marti Pellow’s podcasts during lockdown, by a couple of ‘’.music snobs’’ :smiley: , but it was water off a ducks back.
Check them out on You tube btw.

I like anything from The Who, Black Sabbath, Free/Bad Company, Eagles, all the way through to Level 42, Tears for Fears, …then solos over from Bruce Springsteen to George Michael’s serious stuff…I love Kim Wilde …but maybe for all the wrong non music related reasons :wink: :laughing:

I’ve seen bands like The Eagles, on one hand to Happy Mondays on the other, in fact ,only last week I went to see Tom Jones., trying to get tickets to see Roxy Music’s 50th anniversary tour at the moment.

Favourite band? …so so many, from Beatles to Bon Jovi (my ringtone is Dead or Alive :blush: :smiley: ) ,.to Genesis…
I also like bands that periodically get together just for a tour or an album, like Mike and the Mechanics,.
All time favourite in that type of band,?
A curveball… ‘The Power Station’ with members of Duran Duran and the late great Robert Palmer …check out their 80s cover of T.Rex’s ‘‘Get it On’’ …a rocked up version of the original.
(Incidentally the dancer in the vid …my (ex model :sunglasses: :smiley: ) Mrs used to look and dance to it like her in the 80s (and still does up to a point,.sorry just boasting again :smiley: )
Check out the vid, a bit dated with the 80s hair and gear but stick with it…if only for the dancer. :laughing:
Power Station.

youtu.be/O2vHbXI2p4k

Christ I could go on forever and bore everybody :smiley: …but the latest new stuff I’m into…
Check out this lad Sam Fender,.a young Geordie lad who is going to go far.

Sam Fender at Glastonbury.
youtu.be/hLtuEAvR-KM

Just couldn’t leave out the great JBJ on this. :sunglasses:
youtu.be/MfmYCM4CS8o

thought you’d be into Lindisfarne robroy…fog on the tyne and all that?

cav551:
I am a sucker for jangly guitars, currently listning to Jesus and Mary Chain. This probably started with the Byrds

youtube.com/watch?v=_3a-kPkWLW0

youtube.com/watch?v=eGp47YwDZ48

youtube.com/watch?v=HlYw1NsT_wE

Jesus and Mary chain are still touring today btw.

‘The Byrds’…Good old band…but God! :unamused: those tragic 60s hairstyles man. :laughing: ,.very much ‘of their time’ eh? :smiley:

:neutral_face:

carryfast-yeti:
thought you’d be into Lindisfarne robroy…fog on the tyne and all that?

Preferred Gazza’s version…not :laughing:

Yep saw them at Newcastle early 80s.
‘‘Saw the guys on the make and on the bum’’…a whole different meaning. :laughing:

youtu.be/y0JwlTtOYGg

Like Robroy I have a very varied taste, from the beautiful Cavalleria Rusticana

youtube.com/watch?v=7OvsVSWB4TI

to the haunting Bagpipes

youtube.com/watch?v=rfsasAlICo8

to the sheer power of the church organ as it exhibits the definition of pulling out all the stops

youtube.com/watch?v=UiwjoinWedk

and specially for Robroy Mike Pachelli’s Channel which teaches and analyses the playing of Goerge Harison and John Lennon which is well worth exploring

youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8YNfr9fFM

cav551:
Like Robroy I have a very varied taste, from the beautiful Cavalleria Rusticana

youtube.com/watch?v=7OvsVSWB4TI

to the haunting Bagpipes

youtube.com/watch?v=rfsasAlICo8

to the sheer power of the church organ as it exhibits the definition of pulling out all the stops

youtube.com/watch?v=UiwjoinWedk

and specially for Robroy Mike Pachelli’s Channel which teaches and analyses the playing of Goerge Harison and John Lennon which is well worth exploring

youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8YNfr9fFM

Wow!..
Bagpipes and church organs?
I thought my tastes were varied, but I aint in your league. :laughing:

Enjoyed the Lennon guitar playing thing, but I don’t play any instruments myself…yet another life regret.

My taste is more limited to what you could call pop (ular) music,.I ain’t into Classical,.I ain’t into Country much, but I can listen to one or two Country artists,.Kenny Rogers to name one.
I even went to.a Jazz concert in the 80s with an Uncle of mine,.featuring Acker Bilk,.Humphrey Littleton, and Kenny Ball and his jazz men to name a few, which I enjoyed tbh.
Got to admit my Uncle was a rep for a brewery at that time, the concert was sponsored by Carlsberg, and it was free drink all night, maybe that aspect enhanced my enjoyment of the night
:laughing:

Nirvana still take some beating.

youtu.be/hEMm7gxBYSc

youtu.be/aIr_IXXLZ8Q

Cult are still good…too

youtu.be/y1vBvinK-iA

And Mondays

youtu.be/AGK4A9mXKrw