O4 / 07 age motorbikes

If it was a car I’d not bother as I’d expect trouble , but would the same be said of a motorbike , I’m looking at a 04 fireblade , 16,000 miles if I remember right , looks very tidy , 4,995 ( no idea how to link , but it was on Chris Walker web page )
Nb4,995 seems a lot , you can get a 12 plate for 7 k , but it’s enough for a toy really , if I don’t use it a lot then it’s not costing a lot to stand there
Or maybe as the salesman said a pcp ( ha ha ) would suit you ( on a new Ducati/ Kawasaki ) as if you didn’t use it you could just hand it back in 2 years , he does have a point I suppose

I’m not over familiar with sports bike prices or the various models but I do know that right now, decent low mileage used bikes are fetching premium prices, more so than the used car market
The Fireblade you’re looking at could be from a particularly sought after model year, I know the “Urban Tiger” colour scheme from the nineties fetches a substantial premium for example
I’d love a ‘blade or a gixxer, they’re seriously quick machines for little money but at well over six foot tall I look ridiculous on one, I tried a VTR 1000 Firestorm which I got very cheap and it was ridiculous, I couldn’t bend my legs to operate the gearshift or back brake without doing stretches beforehand, I chopped it in for a BMW R1100RT, much more suitable
Regarding new bikes, I’m looking to replace my old diesel Peugeot car with something
I’m looking at adventure bikes and came across the Voge 500 DSX, no I’d never heard of them either, they’re very competitively priced and come with 2 year warranty

dozy:
If it was a car I’d not bother as I’d expect trouble , but would the same be said of a motorbike , I’m looking at a 04 fireblade , 16,000 miles if I remember right , looks very tidy , 4,995 ( no idea how to link , but it was on Chris Walker web page )
Nb4,995 seems a lot , you can get a 12 plate for 7 k , but it’s enough for a toy really , if I don’t use it a lot then it’s not costing a lot to stand there
Or maybe as the salesman said a pcp ( ha ha ) would suit you ( on a new Ducati/ Kawasaki ) as if you didn’t use it you could just hand it back in 2 years , he does have a point I suppose

Looks very tidy!
chriswalkerkawasaki.com/bik … br1000rr-4

First the salesman does not have a point about PCP. You’re talking £15k? For a brand new bike worth no more than £10k trade in value after 2 years so by hook or by crook your paying the £5k depreciation plus the interest cost on £15k. Alternatively you can walk away that fireblade after 2 years. It won’t be worth £5k as that is a showroom price, but £3k would bite your hand off for it.

An 18 yr old bike? It’s all down to condition and service history. Less than a thousand miles a year, nothing likes to not be used so that’s not ideal, but if Chris Walker wants 5 grand I assume it’s in good shape.

Personally I would be wanting 2008+ for abs, otherwise go for it!

A17C34BF-2CA0-4D9F-8C75-15E488E09E01.jpeg

bigdave789:
I’d love a ‘blade or a gixxer, they’re seriously quick machines for little money but at well over six foot tall I look ridiculous on one,

Not as ridiculous as you may think Dave, I’m six foot four and fitted quite nicely on my 07 Blade.

This is it without it’s testing bodywork on

144FA748-7EBF-40D4-AE15-8D6391467C9A.jpeg

the maoster:

bigdave789:
I’d love a ‘blade or a gixxer, they’re seriously quick machines for little money but at well over six foot tall I look ridiculous on one,

Not as ridiculous as you may think Dave, I’m six foot four and fitted quite nicely on my 07 Blade.

Amazing photo Moaster, you’re not in the kitty litter :smiley: :smiley:

Cheeky sod! I keep them (and there are many) under lock and key :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve got a 55 plate SV1000 which I payed 3 grand for in feb this year , I had an 05 plate in 2010 with similar mileage which I payed exactly the same for , prices are nuts :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

dozy:

Buy a modern classic. more individual, more fun, better investment.
you know it makes sense.

here is mine

20201010_133124.jpg

nexus8:

dozy:

you know it makes sense.

here is mine

Yep. Depreciation zero, cheaper insurance.
Consider a big trailie?. No bad back, aching wrists, nor locked up knees for us oldies. Quick enough for real world riding on most public roads.
(No need to display a beer belly in tight racing leathers too)

nexus8:

dozy:

you know it makes sense.

here is mine

That’s not a modern classic. That describes a brand new bike that looks classic. Yours would be an actual classic