Blipper, quick shifter , stands

This keeps coming up when looking at newer motorbikes , what difference do they make , are they easy to use , something that someone like me who at best is only going to potter around will be ok without
What’s happened to centre stands , they all seem to use stands that to me ( old ) look like a accident waiting to happen
I guess this is what happens when your away from motorbikes for £25 years , technology moves on , and you feel a bit embarrassed asking the basics

Blippers and quickshifters are fashion statements simple as that. Unless you are going to turn it into a pure track bike then they are merely a hook to catch the punter who dreams of being Rossi. Let’s be honest here, sportsbikes are insanely fast missiles that would land the majority of riders in hospital, prison or a mortuary if they even used more than 50% of the bikes potential on the road.

As for centre stands, they were ditched on sportsbikes in the name of weight saving. You can still get bikes with them of course, but not sportsbikes.

Quick shifters are great, I’ve never had a blipper, but I imagine they are great too for the same reason. They are very easy to use, all you need to do is change gear without the clutch. You definitely don’t need them if you’re looking at an older bike.
A side stand is totally normal and causes less accidents than centre stands. Only last week I rolled my bike forward off its centre stand when I was removing both wheels. That would never happen with a side stand, because I wouldn’t remove both the wheels just using a side stand.
A centre stand is good for oiling the chain. Sports bikes use paddock stands instead of centre stands.

What’s blipper? Is it rev matching?

commonrail:
What’s blipper? Is it rev matching?

Yes, for downshifts it blips the throttle so that you don’t need the clutch, just stamp on the gear lever with a steady or closed throttle.
Exactly the same as you could do manually with throttle control.

Ok.
My car has rev matching,but you still need to use the clutch.
Replces heal n toe.
So…do bikes still have slipper clutch?

commonrail:
Ok.
My car has rev matching,but you still need to use the clutch.
Replces heal n toe.
So…do bikes still have slipper clutch?

Yes, you would expect a slipper clutch as well

I’ve never heard of a blipper, much less know what they are, but on a bike or in a truck, I only use the clutch from a standstill.