Zero emission Norton motorcycle

The purist will be choking on their cuppas at this news. Norton motorcycles have just been awarded a £17.2 million grant from the UK government & industry funding to develop an electric motorcycle. “The project, Zero Emission Norton, will expand our ever-growing electric vehicle engineering capabilities and develop world-class electric motorcycles.” nortonmotorcycles.com/stori … n-journey/

triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/fo … n1EALw_wcB

Norton hasn’t exactly been synonymous with a safe place to invest funds but I suppose if a whole new team are in charge then perhaps it will work out ok.

Are they still based at Donington Hall? Something about an engineering firm based in a stately home doesn’t feel like a frugal choice has been made, though handy for test days at the circuit.

I looked at a fireblade the other week , blokecstarted it up , think it was a arrow can on it , the noise , sounded bloody lovely
I’d miss that with a electric bike , to me that’s part of the whole experience, I still miss my kh400 with alspeeds/ bell mouths , 2 stroke smell , get one now while you can
Mate has just spent nigh on 50k on a v8 mustang , he said not the sensible choice , but so what , enjoy it while you can

Apparently the new owners have built a factory in Solihull.
youtu.be/Ez7_ALjfvJs

Bit minty,at 44k…for a reworked bike,that won’t be anywhere near as good as it’s rivals

dozy:
I looked at a fireblade the other week , blokecstarted it up , think it was a arrow can on it , the noise , sounded bloody lovely
I’d miss that with a electric bike , to me that’s part of the whole experience, I still miss my kh400 with alspeeds/ bell mouths , 2 stroke smell , get one now while you can
Mate has just spent nigh on 50k on a v8 mustang , he said not the sensible choice , but so what , enjoy it while you can

I have an inline 4 yamaha and the noise does little for me, if there were some 100% defeating earplugs about I would consider using them. When I have regular ones in I feel more focused on riding.

I have got an early mille v twin though that gets the pulse racing when I start it.